88 | Let's Begin

Vienna, Austria

After a round of introduction, Mr Thomas brought Seokhoon and Rona down to the main concert hall where the orchestra were waiting

After a round of introduction, Mr Thomas brought Seokhoon and Rona down to the main concert hall where the orchestra were waiting. The formal introductions were made. Mr Thomas was really pleased to be welcoming young blood into the organisation. He hoped that Seokhoon, Rona, Edwin, Raph and Hye Rim would inject life into the orchestra and push not only themselves but the orchestra to greater heights. A lot of times, classical music can remain unchanged because of its timeless label but that also means it can become irrelevant or unrelatable to the younger generation. Mr. Thomas's hope is that with these new people coming on board, that it would help to revitalise the orchestra and the city of Vienna, re-establish the city as one of the best places to go for classical music performances.

There was a catered buffet in the conference room, this was a good time for the newcomers to get to know some of the veterans they would be performing and working alongside with. Some of these musicians had been playing longer than they were born. This was a golden opportunity to learn from the masters and receive tips on performance. A lot of the members already knew the youngsters who were going to be joining them, especially Seokhoon and Rona. Rona especially, classical singing was not the most common major for younger ones to go into. Rona's name was probably the biggest of the 5 just because of her raw talent and star power. Rona smiled and greeted everyone, she was friendly and kind to each and every single one. With Seokhoon standing by her side, the two of them just screamed 'Power Couple'. With the news release of Seokhoon and Rona joining the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra, fans were beginning to buzz all over social media.

When the PA of Mr Thomas informed him of this new development, he was really excited. This was perfect timing to begin to market the next event they have scheduled on their calendar. It was somewhat like a welcome concert. Each of the 5 would be performing 2-3 pieces of their own together with the orchestra. Thomas also hoped that there would be a chance where Edwin and Seokhoon would be able to perform a duet. For now, he needed to inform the 5 of his plans and have them take charge of each of their corners. They were all really excited for this, to be given an opportunity to take creative direction for one corner of the concert.

This is really exciting!

I know Raph! I have never ever done something like this before, I can't wait to brainstorm and work with the orchestra.

Seokhoon, should we work together for a duet?

Yeah Edwin sounds good, I rarely get to play with another fellow pianist.

Are you going to be performing with Rona as well?

What do you think Rona?

I think it is a good idea. Personally I would love to perform with others as well apart from Seokhoon. I don't often get to perform with other instruments like Cellist or a flute.

Yeah! Let's think about it Rona! Hye Rim was excited as a flautist she never really got to perform with other people before, to be given the opportunity to perform with a future star like Rona. Mr Thomas took them to the meeting room and gave them a briefing of the overall theme of the concert. His intention is to not only make this concert their debut concert in Vienna but also give a message of dreams and perseverance. After the briefing, all of them were really excited. They were eager to get down to discussion. They thought it would be fun to do a group performance with all 5 of them.

I love this idea! Come on, let's begin!

Wait Hye Rim, don't get so excited. We should move somewhere where we can practice. Let's go to the practice studio that Mr Thomas got us. It has enough space for all of us.

That sounds like an idea, Raph. Let's head there now.

Note: I have fallen sick with flu, I think I can update a bit more this week but we shall see..