23 | Take Charge

Seokhoon & Rona's Place, Seoul

Yoonhee and Yoonchul didn't know how to respond, right then the doorbell rang

Yoonhee and Yoonchul didn't know how to respond, right then the doorbell rang. Seokkyung and Suryeon had arrived. I am sorry we are late, I made a mistake in the recipe so I had to kind of do it all over again. But I promise it will be delicious! Seokkyung went to the kitchen to finish up her dish, when Rona offered help Seokkyung insisted that she finish it all herself. So Rona headed back to the living room, Suryeon was seated on the sofa, and she noticed the somewhat awkward situation.

Did something happen? Rona noticed that Yoonchul and Yoonhee were kind of in a daze so she took the liberty to explain to Suryeon the situation. Suryeon laughed. Yah, you two, your daughters have both given their blessings, if you two continued to sit on the fence then you both really need some pushing. Please one of you or both of you take charge.

Should we arrange a date for them? Eunbyeol suggested. Rona really liked the idea and suddenly the conversation turned drastically, now both Eunbyeol and Rona were planning a future date that would take place for Yoonchul and Yoonhee. Right then, the two of them snapped out of their daze. Yoonchul looked at Yoonhee, the warm, fuzzing feeling that he had towards her still existed. Did Yoonchul want Yoonhee? Of course he did, she was or rather still is his first love.

The words of Suryeon rang in Yoonchul's head- take charge. For so long Yoonchul was always criticised for being too passive. That is how to a large extent Cheo Seojin was able to manipulate him, but now he was given a second chance. He had this opportunity to work it out with Yoonhee. Never would he have imagined that both his daughters would approve of this relationship, he had to man up. Suddenly Yoonchul stood up and grabbed Yoonhee's hand.

Yoonhee-ah, I know that things are still unclear between us, but I love you. I have always loved you and if you are willing to take this person standing in front of you back. I promise that I will spend the rest of my life making it up to you. I know I am not the most trustworthy person, but having lost you twice hurt me more than you ever imagined. So would you accept me once again.

The room was completely silent, everyone was waiting for Yoonhee to respond. Rona prayed a silent prayer in her heart. Please Omma, find your own happiness now. But before Yoonhee could respond they were interrupted by Seokkyung coming from the kitchen shouting "Dinner is ready" Everyone didn't move, Seokhoon rolled his eyes. Great Seokkyung just ruined the moment. Yoonhee at first was thinking that since the mood got interrupted she could avoid giving her answer but Yoonchul did not move from his position, he continued to hold her hand tightly, looking (almost pleading) with her.

Rona was right, she is happy and well taken care of now. Now it is my turn. She turned to Yoonchul, smiling. Yes, I am willing, Yoonchul. You are and have always been my love, I look forward to spending the rest of our lives together. She reached out to hug Yoonchul, the rest cheered and clapped. Seokkyung was rather confused about the situation but since everyone was cheering she joined in.

After all the cheering, the group proceeded to the dining table. Eunbyeol, Seokkyung and Rona helped to set up the table while Seokhoon went to get everyone drinks. They started to dig into the meal prepared by Seokkyung, Yoonhee and Rona. Everyone who ate Seokkyung's dish complimented her cooking. The food was really delicious. Seokkyung blushed as the compliments kept coming in. Thank you everyone. I am still learning but I am finding much joy cooking and learning how to design and present food.

When are you going to London Seokkyung? Seokkyung had applied to Le Cordon Bleu in France, about a week ago she had received the acceptance letter. I will be flying to the United Kingdom in about a month's time. Semester starts in March, but I want to go to London a bit earlier to get used to the culture and the area. I have been brushing up on my English, hopefully I will be fine.

English, hopefully I will be fine.

Well I plan to go with Seokkyung for about a month, not only just to make sure she is alright but I have business in London at that time to attend to. Suryeon chimed in as well. Seokhoon was really proud that Seokkyung is now going to be walking her own path and he hoped that it would really help her grow as an individual. Dinner continued into the night with them chatting and laughing, throughout Yoonhee and Yoonchul never let go of their hands. It was as though they needed to affirm their feelings once again.

Rona and Seokhoon eventually bid their family goodnight. Have fun in Busan okay. Drive safely.

I will Omma, thanks.

Rona went to hug both Yoonchul, Yoonhee and Eunbyeol into one big group hug. Thank you for coming, I am very happy for both of you. This time round, try not to screw things up. Rona laughed as she said this. Yoonchul and Yoonhee blushed and nodded, it looked like Rona was the parent and the other two were her children. Eunbyeol smiled and laughed as well. Exactly what Rona said, please be adult-like in your relationship. Rona and Seokhoon waved goodbye to their parents until their cars drove off. Looks like things finally worked out between Eomeonim and Abeonim.

Yeah I am really glad. Now that is one thing I can no longer worry about. Rona smiled at the thought of both of them finally being happy, free from any other third party or threats of death and whatnot. This time round, she hoped that both of them will be together forever.