87 | Grown Up

Vienna, Austria

Seokhoon and Rona took the week to familiarise themselves not only with the environment but also the culture and the language

Seokhoon and Rona took the week to familiarise themselves not only with the environment but also the culture and the language. People in Vienna typically spoke German but they learnt English to a high level in school. Luckily Seokhoon and Rona's English was good and because a lot of classical music comes from Germany - the two had a good grasp of German. Of course, both needed to use the language more often in order to be confident and comfortable with it. Thankfully, a lot of Austrians can speak English as well.

It was the first week of August and Seokhoon and Rona were going to begin their music residency. The program of the music residency was rather relaxing overall, Seokhoon and Rona had the freedom to take on other performances and travel the world to promote themselves and widen their experience. The main thing was they were expected to perform with the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra about twice to three times a month or other events that were organised by the Musikverein.

They were first scheduled to meet the director - Dr. Thomas Angyan, who is the Executive and artistic Director of the Wiener Musikverein. He is actually a close friend of Clark's and so Clark had already softened the ground for Seokhoon and Rona. After they met the director they would be introduced to the orchestra. They arrived at the Musikverein at 10AM, and waiting for them were their managers and also the personal assistant to the director.

When the personal assistant saw Seokhoon and Rona, she was temporarily stunned. As the couple exited the car, there was a strange air around them. They felt and looked like big time celebrities. Because it was a formal meeting, the couple wore work-style clothing to the meeting. There was an unknown force that came from them as they stood together. Seokhoon stretched out his hand to greet the PA before turning to introduce his wife to her. The PA found herself smiling the moment she saw the couple.

She guided them into the venue and they headed straight to the Director's office first

She guided them into the venue and they headed straight to the Director's office first. When they entered the Director's office, Seokhoon was surprised, not only was the Director there but Edwin, Raph and Hye Rim were there. It had been awhile since he last saw them (since they came to warn him about Grace) but they had been keeping in contact with each other ever since.

Hello Mr. Thomas. It's nice to meet you. I'm Shim Seokhoon, this is my wife Bae Rona.

Seokhoon and Rona, it is a pleasure. Clark has constantly been talking about you from the moment you two entered Juilliard. It is an honour to have the future superstars joining us.

Oh no no, we are no superstars. We are still learning, we seek your guidance during our time here.

You are a pleasure Mrs. Rona. I have had the pleasure to see you both perform, and it was a sheer delight.

Seokhoon and Rona smiled, Mr. Thomas was a really nice and friendly man. Seokhoon turned to Edwin, Raph and Hye Rim with questions in his eyes. The trio laughed at Seokhoon's expression. Hi Seokhoon! Surprise to see us?

Yeah, kind of especially since I don't believe any of you should be here.

Woah!! Hahaha. Well we can't deny that. But technically all three of us belong here.

How so?

Hye Rim smiled and continued to explain. We three are here for some form of exchange programme. Well Edwin and Raph are on the exchange. They would be attached to the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra for a year, while I have transferred my residency from Seoul to Vienna. I will be here for 2 years like you two.

Edwin laughed loudly. Yeah so Shim Seokhoon we are now colleagues! He walked up towards Seokhoon and smacked him hard on his shoulder.

Oh please Edwin, be grown up. We are all professional musicians now. Raph walked up to Rona and shook her hand before shaking Seokhoon's. Hye Rim went over and hugged Rona. Rona treated the three of them kindly and trusted them instantly. She knew how these three went out of their way to help Seokhoon during the Grace scandal. Had they not pre-warned Seokhoon, he would have been caught completely off guard with that Grace was pulled. She knew these were colleagues that were not only talented and hard working but were trustworthy. Now that they were surrounded by familiar people, Seokhoon and Rona were looking forward to their music residency in Vienna.

Note: There will not be as much drama just because this is not Penthouse, and please note there will be several time jumps here and there from now on. So I hope you are not too confuse.

Just to refresh:

Edwin - Pianist

Hye Rim - Flautist

Raph - Cellist

I will expand on these characters are the stories progresses so hope you enjoy these new characters.