178 | Catch Up

Yoonhee and Yoonchul helped Seokhoon and Rona unpack and settled back into their home. Afterwards, they decided to let them spend a quiet night together as a family. They knew that they would be experiencing jet lag, so they let them rest. Tomorrow Seokhoon and Rona would return back to Suryeon's place at Shimwoo Tower for a welcome back dinner.

The very next day, Seokhoon and Rona made their way down to Shimwoo Tower. Shimwoo & Co had been doing really well in the recent years. Not only had they expanded their real estate but they had moved into the music and film industry as well. Shimwoo & Co had expanded under the guidance and advice of Jo In Sung that now Dongpil who previously was working for JohnBio had moved over to work with Shimwoo & Co. Before Dongpil went to jail for a crime he did not commit, he was a really talented businessman and had ties and connections with the entertainment industry.

So Suryeon pitched him an idea for him to come over to Shimwoo & Co new company Shimwoo Entertainment, which was not only an entertainment agency for artists, actors and others, but also expanded into a production company. With Yoonchul's blessing, Dongpil along with others took charge of Shimwoo Entertainment and focused on making the agency a multifaceted one. It was not just about targeting the mainstream line but being all encompassing. Rona and Seokhoon were the very first artists under Shimwoo Entertainment, subsequently, the agency started to recruit people from different fields, everything from mainstream singers to dancers and even artists (i.e. painters and more).

Yoonhee's company also began to expand with the help and advice of In Sung. At first Yunis only focused on beauty products and then expanded to the entertainment industry a bit, being a bit more niche than Shimwoo with only focusing on the classics. Now Yunis had a fashion line, several in fact under the leadership of Sangah and Mari. Yoonhee knew they were interested in this industry so she felt confident that Yunis Fashion would grow well under their leadership.

JohnBio too was making good headway within the medical industry. Apart from now having 3 hospitals within Korea, they now have good partnerships with overseas hospitals as well. JohnBio in recent years expanded to research, focusing on finding a cure for certain diseases or improving the quality of care of their patients or survivors. With additional investments from Alex and advice from really well respected doctors, JohnBio was really flourishing and gaining a good reputation within the public and medical fields.

It had been a miracle how fast each of their respective companies had expanded. This was something that everyone never dared dream of. Not only were they successful but the reputation that they once carried before when Joo Dan Ta and Cheo Seojin were around had now completely vanished. Their children could not be anymore proud of their parents, it goes to show that no matter how many mistakes one person makes. A person is always redeemable.

On the subject of redeemable, because of her good behaviour Cheo Seojin is actually considered for parole and the possibility of her sentence being reduced. Even though she was given a life sentence for all the crimes she committed, while inside of jail, she had changed, giving her this chance where she could leave the prison walls. Seokhoon and Rona did discuss this with Eunbyeol. Ever since she was sent to jail, Eunbyeol has had minimal interactions with her mother. She felt guilty to Yoonhee for even considering keeping in contact despite Yoonhee telling her otherwise. Eunbyeol didn't want to speak to her mother, Yoonchul instead through his secretary made sure to keep Seojin informed of at least Eunyeol's condition and what is going on with her life.

Will you attend her parole hearing?

I was ask to by her lawyer, but I am not sure if I want to.

Why not?

After not talking to her for so long, I honestly don't know how to approach my mother. In fact, thinking about her as my mother seems like a foreign thought even now.

I am sure she would be happy to see you there.

But who's to say what she is doing isn't an act?

I guess we will never know until you meet her.

Sigh. The parole hearing is months away. I will think about it. After that Rona chose to no longer push, she understood where Eunbyeol was coming from and so eventually she knew that Eunbyeol would make the best decision for herself.

Seokhoon and Rona arrived at Shimwoo Tower and they were greeted with warm applause, hugs and cheers when they entered Suryeon's house. Everyone (minus Seokkyung and Eunbyeol) were present at the dinner. Rona and Seokhoon gave out the various gifts they had bought and all were gushing at how beautiful Rona looked. The moment Mari and Sangah locked eyes on Hyun Jae, he was immediately snatched away from Seokhoon. Seokhoon laughed, luckily, Hyun Jae was an incredibly sociable baby and it didn't take long before Mari and Sangah got him comfortable and laughing. Dinner was delicious, Seokhoon and Rona had really missed their mother's cooking and the table was filled with so many different dishes that they were definitely spoiled for choice.

Dinner was wonderful and it was really lovely to catch up with everyone once again. Now that Seokhoon and Rona had officially moved back to Seoul, they were happy to meet up with old friends and family members once again. Thanks to their recent success, they were asked to come back to Shimwoo High School (formerly Chungah High School) to give a talk and share their life experience to the students. Even though for Rona, Chungah didn't really hold much nice memories for her, she wanted to benefit and help those students who were attending the school now, so she agreed.