180 | Bed Rest

JohnBio Hospital, Seoul

Seokhoon and Rona arrived at the hospital that they had previously given birth in

Seokhoon and Rona arrived at the hospital that they had previously given birth in. Since they had a record it was easier to use the same doctor again. Seokhoon had already called ahead to his father-in-law, so when they arrived at the reception, Yoonchul was already waiting for them. He escorted them to the clinic. Rona insisted she felt fine, but Yoonchul backed up Seokhoon's concern.

You are carrying two tiny human beings inside of you. It is better to be safe my dear. They had arrived at the clinic, their doctor was already waiting for them. They quickly did an ultrasound scan first, luckily, the babies were all okay. Healthy and active. Afterwards, Rona did a couple of tests.Based on the blood count, Rona was a bit anaemic. Nothing else is of any concern. I would suggest that for the next couple of days, Rona be on complete bed rest. If you like, maybe we can ward her for a couple of days, so we can see and observe.

Rona was a bit unhappy about it, but she did understand where the doctor was coming from. Sadly she eventually gave in. Don't worry yeobo, we will bring Hyun Jae with us. If not, Omma and Appa can help us look after him for a couple of days.

I agree with Seokhoon. I would advise against letting Hyun Jae sleep in the hospital, but other than that, Hyun Jae can come and explore the hospital. We have many facilities for children to play around. Rona pouted a bit but she nodded in approval. Right there, Rona was awarded. Seokhoon insisted on being given a private room with space so that Hyun Jae could move around and play around in the room under their watchful eyes. Seokhoon left Rona in the hands of Yoonchul as he headed back home to pack a bag for Rona.

It was decided that Rona would be in the hospital for about 3-4 days to observe. The private room was a spacious space, it had a good size hospital bed as well as a dining and living room area. Yoonchul helped Rona settle in before he went to make his rounds. Rona was lying on the hospital bed and sighed. She never liked this part of her pregnancy. As she waited for Seokhoon to return, she touched her belly. She could feel the twins kicking.

You two, I hope you two are giving me too much trouble. Please be healthy, your appa and I can't wait to meet you two.

About an hour and a half later, Seokhoon and Peter arrived

About an hour and a half later, Seokhoon and Peter arrived. Seokhoon had packed 2 bags of clothes and basic essentials for both him and Rona. When the room door opened, an excited Hyun Jae. However when he saw Rona sitting up on the bed in an unfamiliar hospital gown he stopped. He slowly walked over and reached out to touch the blanket. Omma...?

Yes Hyun Jae. As Rona studied his expression, he looked a bit worried and that he was about to cry. Seokhoon came up and carried him, letting him sit next to Rona. Don't worry, Omma is alright. Hyun Jae turned to give Rona a big hug, Rona smiled and hugged and patted Hyun Jae comforting him. Soon Hyun Jae forgot about the unfamiliar sight of Rona on a hospital bed and started to explore the entire room. He was so excited that Seokhoon had to control him for a bit, worried that his screaming would be a nuisance to other patients on the same floor as them.

Soon all that excitement took the energy out of the boy and he was napping on the sofa. Yoonhee and Suryeon came over just at that time, Yoonchul had informed all of them, In Sung was in a meeting and couldn't be here. They asked Rona if she was feeling alright. I am fine, but this man insisted. She looked at Seokhoon in mild annoyance. Suryeon laughed. It is okay Rona. He is just looking out for you. At this stage of your pregnancy, you know you need to be careful with everything.

That is right Rona. At least the room is comfortable, don't worry. Soon you will be discharged soon enough. Till then, try not to overdo anything. Rona nodded and listened to them. The sun was about to set, Yoonhee took Hyun Jae back. It was not good for Hyun Jae to be in the hospital for too long. After giving Hyun Jae kisses, all that was left was Seokhoon and Rona. Rona didn't have any dietary restriction so Seokhoon ordered some of Rona's favourite food. They ate at the dining table in the suite before Rona insisted on walking around a bit. They headed downstairs to the hospital garden. Seokhoon held her hand tightly as they walked around the garden slowly.

The twins will be coming shortly. The doctor said that often twins tend to come before the 9th is fully up. Rona nodded along. Are you nervous?

I am a bit, just because I can't imagine what it would be like to raise twins but with you. I know we can do anything. They sat down on a bench and Rona laid her head on her husband's shoulder as they continued to hold their hands tightly. Our lives have changed so much hasn't it?

For the better I hope?

Rona looked up and stared into her husband's eyes. The best! Seokhoon took her neck in his hand and brought her close to him, kissing her hard. That kiss conveyed so much, not only his love for her but the hope for their future, the promise of ever after. Seokhoon had to stop himself from kissing her. Rona moaned and groaned as he separated their lips away. I want you too, baby, but not like this. You need to rest. When the babies come and when we finally are able to catch our breath, let's go on a quick honeymoon trip?

I like that idea. Seokhoon kissed Rona and hugged her.