116 | Reflection

After they had announced their pregnancy to their family and friends in Seoul, it was time to announce it to their friends in New York. Their friends were so excited when they heard the news, many of them jumped and clapped in excitement. They spent the next hour catching up with all their friends before saying their goodbye. Now that they had announced to their closest friends, they could now announce to the world. They decided to release the news in 2 weeks. For now, the two concentrated on their concert. They left the tiny detail of the press release to their trusted team and just focused on what was most important right now.

Time soon flew by and their concert had arrived. The press release went well, the reaction from the public was one of joy and excitement. Seokhoon especially had long established a good reputation with the media, coming back from a huge potential career risking scandal. It was clear to a lot of people, both fans and general public alike, how in love Seokhoon and Rona were. It was not difficult to see. Even though Seokhoon and Rona were rather private with their lives overall, they still went out to do their errands without much disguise. So there were a lot of casual shots of the couple out and about their day around Vienna for all to see.

With the news of the pregnancy, it sealed the bond between Seokhoon and Rona. The name of Grace had long been forgotten and now whenever one thought and heard of Seokhoon's name. It often was followed by 'good husband', 'talented pianist' and more. Now the time had arrived to prove once again to the public and classical music circles, who and what Seokhoon and Rona were capable of bringing to the table.

After more discussion, the schedule for the concert had changed slightly. Seokhoon and Rona were going to be performing this concert for an entire month in Vienna. Afterwards, Seokhoon and Rona would be flying to several countries in Asia performing this very same concert. The schedule was kept light, the couple only needed to fly once a week to a new country. Finally, the last leg of the concert was going to take place in Seoul itself. The couple were going to be performing for another 3 weeks in Seoul at the Shimwoo Art Centre with the Vienna Orchestra touring alongside them as well. The final concert in Seoul was going to be a special reunion concert, not much details were given out yet but rumours were that there would be special guests that would be invited to perform with Seokhoon and Rona.

Once they were done, they announced a temporary hiatus while Seokhoon and Rona both prepared for the baby and settled back into life in Seoul. This hiatus would last about 9 months or so in total, Rona decided that after their child had passed 6 months, it was ideal for them to fly back to Vienna to adjust to family and working life again. This concert was different from previous concerts because most of the setlist of this concert was original pieces that had been written and composed by the couple over the span of 3 months. It was truly an ambitious project but one that the couple were ready to challenge.

Musikverein, Vienna

At 6:30PM the audience were ushered into the main concert hall. The opening night of the couple's concert was finally opened. The theme of the concert was 'Reflection.' In essence it was really Seokhoon and Rona's story, their past, their hurts and their hopes and dreams for the future. This was their attempt at telling the classic world and their fans just who they were. The audience were seated by 6:50pm, at exactly 6:58pm, the lights dimmed. The concert was about to begin.

First the Vienna Orchestra entered on stage, after every member was fully seated a video came on playing in the background. The video shows the behind the scenes of Seokhoon and Rona's composing moments and their various rehearsals and discussions about the concert. After that sequence, the video began to play a short interview done of the couple. In the interview, they went about explaining why they chose this theme for the concert and what was their intentions of telling their story now.

Everyone comes from somewhere, we all have a story. We often sing pieces that are of other people's stories, their lives and thoughts. Rona and I thought, why not do the same for us. We are not being proud by showing off what we have achieved, but when you put down your life to paper, words and music. It was a chance for us as well to reflect back on our lives. Rona and I now are moving onto a new phase of our life - parents. It just made sense that now, we are to reflect and look at our lives.

We hope that through us sharing our story, our struggles and our dreams. People will feel inspired, encouraged or even comforted. To know that they are not alone in their struggles, that they can achieve all that they set their mind on. We are living proof of that. We hope that this concert will not only let you, our fans know us better but also give you and ourselves a chance to reflect and look back at our lives.

With that the video stopped, the conductor entered on stage followed by Rona and Seokhoon. They walked onto the stage hand in hand, bowing to the audience. Seokhoon went to take his seat while Rona walked towards the front of the stage. She looked back and smiled, Seokhoon returned her smile and with a subtle signal of the eyes, he started to play.

The concert had begun

Note: In case you are wondering, no I won't be going into detail.

Sorry for not updating, I keep forgetting about it. (my mind...) okay I will be updating with two chapters ^^