Anduin Wrynn- Jealousy (a)

World of Warcraft One Shot

The crops had been cared for, the children were finally asleep and for the first time in a long time and on a perfect, cool summers day you and Anduin had the chance to spend some quality time together. Anduin was finishing packing the small picnic as three loud raps erupted from the door.

"I'll get it!" You called out as you opened the door.

"Why... hello there." At the door stood a young, handsome man clad in ornate and slightly war-torn gear adorned with the markings of a high-ranking officer of the Stormwind army. His face too, lightly stubbled with piercing brown eyes, he had seen many years of anguish in his short life and decorating his face sat many small scars and one large, deep purple one that cut from the top of his ear to the corner of his mouth. "Sorry." He stumbled. "I forgot where I was for a moment."

"Everything okay out there?" Anduin bellowed, you reassured him that you could handle it.

" I am an ambassador for the throne, and as I am sure you are aware our recent battles with the surge of Gnolls has impacted our food supply. Somehow those smooth brained rat bags managed to cut off the convoy at Redridge and paired with the bad batch of grain we are struggling." He rested a hand on the pommel of his lion crested blade and rested on the door frame. "I was wondering if we could... count on you to help bolster our supplies?" He shot a cocky smile at you. "But of course, we could expend some of those supplies for maybe... a nice dinner? Me, you, the keep. Throw a nice roasted boar into the mix, doesn't sound too bad, does it?" You pretended to dwell over the thought for a few moments.

"Of course, you have our support, we donate the vast majority of our food anyway. As for the dinner at the keep... let me ask my husband." You cupped your hand around your mouth even though you knew Anduin was in earshot of the whole conversation. "Oh honey... Anduin, Son of Varian, king of Stormwind and High King of the Alliance? Do you wish to dine in the keep... this fine young officer has just extended an invite to, I can only presume the both of us, dine in the keep?"

"Anduin?" His face dropped and turned a porcelain white.

"I don't know honey, maybe we should. We visit every so often but..."

"Thank you for your support!" The officer hightailed towards his steed and hastily left.

"We're you worried?" You asked, grasping Anduin's hand and leaning into his shoulder. "Did you get jealous that I was asked out on a date?"

"Jealous? Of course, not my love, I have nothing but trust and respect for you, I known that you would never tarnish that. Now hurry up, we don't have long before something disturbs the children."

~*~

Written by Aaron.

Tumblr Request.