Varian Wrynn- Bandit (a)

World of Warcraft One Shot

The peace and serenity of your travels into the Redridge mountains very quickly fell into turmoil as the gang of bandits surrounded your cart, at the first sign of trouble your cheap driver had abandoned your cart and left their horses and their haul to the attackers.

"Just step out the cart and leave, don't try and be a hero now!" You peered out of the small back window that let a small slither of sunlight into the cart and noticed two bandits rifling through the stock that you were transporting, the stock that you had worked hard for. There was not too much of a fight that you could put up against one red-clad bandit never mind a whole volt of the vultures, all you could do was hope and pray that something would happen.

"You aren't going to get away with this!" You called out from the cart.

"Oh really?" The proposed leader shouted back as he relaxed against a fallen tree. "I would love to know what you are going to do about it."

"They are not going to have to do anything about it." A collection of clopping hooves slowly trotted up the dirt path and the drawing of sharp blades from their sheathes could be heard from both sides. The cart door slowly began to jostle, you clutched at the small, simple dagger that was tied to your hip and sat ready to lunge.

Sunlight filled the cabin, blinding you as you lurched forward, blade raised high and ready to strike.

"Woah... calm down..." You blindly sliced the air in every direction you could reach, but as your vision slowly returned there were no loot crazed bandits surrounding your cabin, they were all kneeling along the dirt road in thick shackles. Instead, the cart stood surrounded by proud Stormwind Knights, illustrious blue tabard glistening in the sunrays and arms rested proudly on long, sturdy swords. "I am..."

"King Varian?! I know exactly who you are, but what are you doing here?"

"I have a meeting in Lakeshire I must attend, and luckily for you we decided to take the more scenic route given we had a few minutes spare. I'm sorry you had to go through such an ordeal, during the next security briefing I will make sure to have a patrol scout through here if it is a common route for merchants. The small stalls and stores are the backbone of Stormwind's economy, so we need to make sure you are well looked after. If you were headed to Lakeshire please, let us accompany you so you can feel safe. We can arrange for somebody to bring your stock and your horses."

"Oh, they're not my horses, I hired a driver and his horses but he decided to flee at the first sign of the bandits."

"Well then in that case, we will arrange somebody to get your stock and your new horses. Don't worry if you can't accommodate them, the crown will buy them off you for a more than fair price."

~*~

Written by Aaron.