Dani Clayton- Relax (c)

The Haunting of Bly Manor One Shot

You never realised how tiring taking care of two children could be. Flora and Miles had run you and Dani ragged and as soon as you had tucked them both into bed, you were both ready to go to bed yourself. Rather than doing anything else, you headed off to your shared room and collapsed onto the bed, relieved to just have a moment not running around.

"I'm shattered," you sighed. "I don't think I have any energy left."

"It was a long day."

Dani scooted up the bed to rest her head on the pillow and you followed suit so that you could snuggle up close to one another even though you were both on top of the covers and not changed into pyjamas yet.

"With how today has gone, they'll probably both be at the door in a minute."

"I think they are both as tired as we are, I think they'll probably be lying in in the morning, at least I hope they will," she chuckled.

"Can we just read and cuddle and try to conserve any energy that we have to continue our work tomorrow?" You asked.

Dani nodded her head, glad that you weren't wanting to do anything that involved any form of energy. You reached over to the bedside table and grabbed your current book that you were making your way through when you had free time and Dani did the same. The two books were nothing alike but at least having something to do together without having to actually do anything, helped after long days like the one you would have had today.

She curled up to your chest, resting her head on your breast, whilst you both begun to flick to the right page of your books. Your eyes wandered away from the page to look down at the woman that you loved dearly. With all of your focus on the kids all day, you sometimes didn't even get the time to realise how much you loved Dani or appreciate all the amazing things about her.

You leant down to press your lips to the top of her head.

"I love you so much," you whispered in her ear, giving her a warm squeeze.

She looked up to smile at you, ignoring the reading that she had just been doing.

"I love you too."

For the rest of the evening, you snuggled up together and read your books before you both fell asleep.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.