Howard Holowitz- Helping: Part 3 (h)

The Big Bang Theory One Shot

After dropping the bombshell on Leonard that you and one of his best friends had been dating for three years, you then told him that you were moving in together.

"You're what?!" he all but shouted. "I'm going to kill him."

Leonard got up and stormed out of the room, you were quick behind him. "You only said you'd kill him if he got me pregnant!" you yelled as you ran behind him. "He hasn't done that!"

"I haven't done that!" Howard yelled in confirmation as Leonard stood with his arms crossed, staring Howard down.

Howard looked at you in confusion. "I told him about the house," you relented, walking over to him to stand by his side.

"And the whole pregnant thing?" he whispered in your ear as Leonard continued to stare him down. "Not yet right?"

You laughed, smiling at him but shrugged, leaving a confused expression on his face.

Leonard cleared his throat. "So, you're going to live together huh?"

The two of you nodded like children getting told off by their parents. "Howard's mum suggested it, she didn't want the house to be empty."

"Oh, so his mum knew?" Leonard questioned, but you could tell from his tone he wasn't angry.

"Like we could've kept it from her," you joked. "That woman is as nosey as anything."

Howard laughed, nodding in agreement with you. "That she is, I think she loves Y/N more than me at this point."

Everyone else laughed but Leonard eventually relented, moving to make a drink but Howard followed him, so the girls came to swarm you, wanting to know everything.

"Hey man," Howard approached Leonard slightly cautiously, but breathed a sigh of relief when Leonard offered him a beer. "I know she's probably apologised already, but I need to apologise to you myself."

Leonard nodded, taking a sip of his own beer to let Howard continue.

"I didn't want to keep it from you man, I wanted to come clean, but you'd warned us off her and I didn't know how you'd react," Howard paused to sip his own beer. "Look, we wouldn't have been together this long if it didn't work, I wouldn't have asked her to move in with me if I didn't love her, and honestly I wouldn't be living with her if I didn't think she was the one."

Howard checked briefly to see if you'd heard him, but you were chatting away with Amy and Penny, so he knew his secret was safe for now.

Leonard smiled at his best friend before bringing him into a quick hug. "She's happy with you," he told Howard once they were standing apart again. "She's happier than I've ever seen her, and you're happy, why wouldn't I want that?"

Howard smiled and the tension left his body. "Not killed him yet then?" you quizzed, walking up to place your hand on Howard's back.

Howard put his arm around your shoulder and Leonard rolled his eyes. "That's going to take some getting used to," Leonard commented with a smirk on his face.

You rolled your eyes. "Wait till we're living in the same house," you joked.

Leonard grimaced, going over to Penny to bury his head in her shoulder which made her laugh.

Howard sighed in contentment, as did you when he pulled you into his side.

"So, you know how we said not yet?" he quizzed, a small smile on his face when you looked up at him. "How long until it stops being not yet?"

You shrugged, a similar smile on your face. "I couldn't drop three bombs on Leonard in one day," you confessed as you pulled a little white stick out of your back pocket. "It's stopped being not yet."

~*~

Written by Hannah.