Howard Wolowitz- Helping: Part 2 (h)

The Big Bang Theory One Shot

Ever since Howard had barged in on you and Leonard having coffee, Leonard had not given it a rest about finally meeting your boyfriend. You were getting very close to just blurting it out, but you knew Leonard wouldn't take it well.

You and Howard had spoken about telling everyone again, and eventually decided to tell them all that night at Leonard and Sheldon's flat as they were hosting a games night.

Howard came to pick you up and he could practically feel the nerves radiating off you as you got into the car.

"Hey love," he greeted as he leant over to kiss you. "You look as white as a sheet."

You laughed nervously. "Because I feel as if I'm about to throw up the contents of my stomach."

Howard sighed, placing his hand on your thigh. "Me too," he admitted. "But it's time."

And with that Howard set off to Leonard's apartment building. It wasn't a pleasant drive over, Howard kept his hand on your thigh the entire time but more for reassurance for himself than for you but you couldn't begrudge him that, he was about to tell one of his best friends that for the past three years he had been dating his sister, his twin.

Howard held your hand tightly as the two of you walked up the stairs and went to let go out of habit when you reached the door, but you shook your head.

"We're doing this from the get-go," you told him, and he kissed you quickly, a smile on his face, before you pushed open the door.

Howard stayed hidden behind you momentarily as everyone turned to see you and greeted you warmly.

"Uh, I have a bit of a surprise for you all," you addressed the room, and you were met with some confused faces. "I thought it was about time to introduce my boyfriend to you all."

Surprise replaced their confused expressions, but Raj soon spoke up. "Howard isn't here yet; do you want to wait for him?"

It was then that Howard pushed the door open fully and walked in with his fingers intertwined with yours. "Surprise?"

There was a mixture of confusion and surprise across everyone's faces as they put two and two together.

Penny and Amy rushed forward to hug you, whilst Raj came to hug Howard and Sheldon offered smiles to the both of you, but Leonard stayed put.

"Wh- why didn't you tell me?" hurt laced his voice as he asked the question. "You couldn't trust me with this? You didn't think I'd approve?"

Before you even got a chance to say anything Leonard left the living room, and you heard his bedroom door slam.

Silence fell on the room, everyone shocked at Leonard's reaction, but you couldn't say you were surprised. "I should go and talk to him," Penny broke the silence as she made a move.

You shook your head, stopping Penny in her tracks. "I'm the one that's hurt him, I'll go."

She nodded, giving you a smile of encouragement, as you walked to your brother's room.

Knocking on the door, you didn't know what to expect but when you got silence you took a deep breath and walked in anyway.

"What?" Leonard's voice came from where he was sat on the floor, his back against his bed as he stared out the window.

Sighing you walked to sit down next to him and throwing caution to the wind to rest your head on his shoulder.

To your surprise Leonard didn't push you away, he rested his head on top of yours. "I can never stay mad at you," he sighed. "But I can stay hurt."

"I'm so sorry," you breathed out. "I didn't mean to keep it from you this long, neither of us did, but at the first date Howard made a joke of how you'd kill him for going out with your sister, and how you'd warned all of the guys to stay away from me ,so we thought we'd keep it under wraps at first, not knowing if it would work out," you explained as you kept your head on his shoulder. "And then as time went on, I started to think you really wouldn't approve of it, I know Howard's past and I know what he was like in bars and with girls."

Leonard sighed but stayed silent, allowing you to continue.

"I never wanted to hurt you Leonard, you have to know that," he could hear the upset in your voice, you were upset about hurting him and he knew you well enough to know you'd never mean it. "Leonard I could never keep it from you fully, I needed to tell you I was seeing someone as I was excited about it and I wanted you to know, I wanted to tell my best friend."

Leonard laughed, putting his arm around your shoulder to hug you. "Well as your best friend, and your twin, I'm happy you're happy," he admitted. "You were right to not say anything, but not for as long as you did."

"I know," you stated, the guilt hitting you. After a few beats of silence, you took your head off Leonard's shoulder and looked at him properly. "There's something else too."

His face dropped. "If you're going to tell me you're pregnant, I will kill him," he told you with a slight glare.

You laughed, shaking your head. "No not that, not yet anyway," you joked just to see his reaction. "You know how I said I was helping Howard redecorate?" Leonard nodded, wanting you to continue. "It wasn't because he just asked me to, it's because I'm going to live there too."

~*~

Written by Hannah.