Jamie Adeyemi- Recruit: Part 2 (a)

Valorant One Shot

"Don't worry... everything is gonna be fine!" Phoenix's calming words did begin to soothe you ever so slightly as he threw himself onto the sofa and outstretched his legs. "You liking the new yard?" Phoenix looked around his new apartment before his gaze fell over to you.

"Yeah, it's not so bad. Must pay quite well being in the Valorant initiative, no?" You asked strolling over to stare out the ceiling to floor windows that allowed the London skyline to beautifully present itself to you.

"It does what it does." Phoenix chuckled as he kicked the colourful trainers off his feet. "But the more important question is how are you feeling about joining?" His question came out of nowhere, leaving you stunned and speechless. "The way I see it, I saw you stumbling around Camden market using your powers to shoddily steal old ladies' purses... or am I somehow mistaken." Struggling to find the words you just blankly stared at Phoenix and hoped he would change the conversation.

"It's hard man, times are tough. You've got to do what you have to do. You're from around here, you understand." Phoenix pushed himself from the sofa, paired his shoes together and neatly sat them at his side.

"Look, I get it, but that doesn't mean you get to be an asshole. You think its not a shitshow for the people you're stealing from? You've got two options here y/n, and firstly you're lucky I found you and not the police. You may be able to make yourself invisible, but trust me fam, you aren't very good at it. So, option one, I speak to my buddies and when you think you're nice and safe my boys bust in and lock you away in some secure confinement, we can't have radianites out loose causing havoc. Option two, you can come with me. Meet the rest of the crew in a slightly nicer fashion and we can see if you have what it takes to join us, you've got to use those powers for good, it's feels so much better, I promise." He stared deeply at you as he tossed a small fireball from hand to hand.

"What about my family, my friends? I mean obviously they're going to notice if I'm gone."

"We'll worry about that, don't you worry. Are you going to use that big brain of yours and join us, or are you going to be against us?" He asked with an outstretched hand.

~*~
Written by Aaron.