Sherlock Holmes- Marshmallows (c)

You stirred in the brown powder into boiled water, adding a splash of milk into both mugs.

One mug had a kitten on it which was wearing a Santa hat, whilst the other one had the periodic table on it. It was very simply to tell whose mug was whose just from what was on it.

As you stirred the hot chocolate, Sherlock stood next to you looking rather bored, waiting for you to finish his hot chocolate so you could both go and sit down to watch the film you had been going on for ages about.

"Pass the marshmallows," You said as you continued to stir the drinks.

Sherlock continued to look off into space, not really paying attention probably thinking about something that was beyond reason for you to actually understand.

Leaving the spoon in the mug, you moved slightly to prod Sherlock's ribs, gaining his attention. He turned his attention to you, he raised his eyebrow, showing that he was paying attention to you.

"Marshmallows. Please pass them."

"Why do you need the marshmallows?" He asked handing you the bags on mini marshmallows.

"To put in the hot chocolate, why else would I be asking for marshmallows when I am making a hot chocolate?" You frowned, "And you say that you are smart."

He rolled his eyes letting out a sigh.

"Please don't put any in mine," He stated.

"Pardon?"

"No marshmallows. I don't like them in hot chocolate, so can you not put them into the drink," He explained.

You let out a gasp. It sounded too loud to be real, but really it just showed your shock to the degree which it occurred.

"You don't like marshmallows in your hot chocolate?" You exclaimed.

He looked slightly taken back by your outburst. But truly it was one of the most horrific things you had heard in a while, well since you heard that there were eyeballs in your microwave.

"Why do you hate love?" You said in a near shout.

It took him a second to allow his facial expression to change, and a smile crept across his lips.

"I don't hate love. If I did, I would not love you, but I do not love marshmallows, they are rather disgusting," He sighed, pulling you closer.

"I learn weird things about you every day and I don't know whether they are good or bad things sometimes," You stated, not fighting against his embrace, "I still don't understand why you don't like marshmallows.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.