Barney Stinson- Lucky (h)

You and your fiancée were leaving in around fifteen minutes, as the two of you were going to meet your circle of friends at MacLaren's.

You had been with Barney for the past two years or so, two years was a long time for Barney and it surprised all of his friends but they were even more surprised when he proposed six months ago.

None of them had anything against it though, they were all happy that Barney wanted to settle down and have a family.

Barney was taking forever, you had bought him a new tie and he had agreed to wear it as you'd only just given it to him.

You had just finished tying up your boots when Barney appeared, you stood up and Barney wrapped his arms around your waist from behind "Do you like the tie?" you asked as you turned around in his arms.

"I do, you have good taste" he told you and you smiled.

"Well I am marrying you" you said as you pulled out of his arms, and grabbed your bag "Now let's go, I am not being late again" you warned.

Barney sighed and grabbed his keys. You left the apartment, Barney locked up behind you before putting his arm around your waist as the two of you headed to the lift.

Barney hailed a cab, and opened the door for you before getting in himself "MacLaren's pub please" you told the driver.

Soon enough, the cab pulled up outside the pub. Barney paid the fare, and the two of you got out before walking into MacLaren's to see everyone already in the booth.

Ted moved to a chair on the end of the table, so that you and Barney could sit in the booth. Barney let you sit down first, and put his arm around your shoulder once he had taken his seat.

"New tie?" Marshall asked and Barney nodded, looking down at you with a smile momentarily.

"Yeah, Y/N gave it to me this morning" Barney explained, causing Marshall to nod in approval.

Something seemed to catch Barney's eye, so you followed his gaze and saw a girl with bleach blonde hair wearing a rather tight dress.

"No" Barney whispered, as he tilted his head back in what seemed to be annoyance "Not you" he whispered again, which just confused you even more, "Anything but you" Barney groaned.

You poked his side, which caused him to look down at you "Who is she?" you asked, you weren't annoyed or anything but you were just curious.

Barney sighed and he actually looked nervous for once, even when he proposed he wasn't nervous "One of my previous flings," he told you apprehensively "Before I met you Baby" he quickly clarified.

When you started dating Barney, you were well away of his playboy ways. It took you a while to come to terms with it, because you had never been with a guy like Barney and your type was more guys that were like Ted.

"It's okay" you told him as you shrugged, and you cuddled up to him more "I knew what I was getting into Love" you stated, looking up at him.

Barney smiled and kissed you sweetly, "I got so lucky with you" Barney whispered in your ear.

~*~

Written by Hannah.