Eric Coulter- Dauntless Born (h)

You look to Four as Eric had a go at yet another initiate "Here we go" Four whispered and you laughed slightly "He shouldn't keep doing this. They aren't used to this" you whispered in reply to him.

He nods in agreement with you as he watched what Eric was doing "But Y/N, you know they need to be Dauntless material. We protect the factions, we can't have any weak people in Dauntless" he said and you sighed again.

"Stand in front of the target" Eric said to the initiate that was now looking scared "Are you being serious?" the initiate asked and Eric shrugged "Stand in front of the target" Eric repeated himself so the initiate went to stand in front of the target "You are going to stand there whilst Four throws knives and if I see you flinch, you're out" he said and the initiate looked extremely nervous.

You had been dating Eric for about a year, you were Dauntless born and you were also the same rank as both Eric and Four so you had been put in charge of the transfer initiates along with the two boys.

"Stop" you said stepping forward and your boyfriend looked at you in surprise "Y/N?" he asked confused and you sighed "Anyone can stand in front of a target. It doesn't prove anything" you said and he shrugged "Take his place then" he said as if it didn't meant anything to him and your mouth almost dropped "Fine" you said walking over and standing in front of the target.

"You can't kick me out Eric" you said and he shrugged "If you flinch, you get sanctioned" he said and you scoffed "You know I won't" you stated. You never flinched, it wasn't possible as you had seen a lot worse and been put through a lot worse.

"Four. Throw the knives" Eric ordered and Four looked at him in surprise "Eric, she's" Eric cut Four off "I said throw the knives" Eric ordered again and Four sighed.

He threw the first knife which wasn't anywhere near you meaning you didn't flinch "Come on Four. You can do better than that" Eric said and Four sighed again but he threw a second knife and it was slightly closer to your thighs.

You hadn't flinched yet "Get closer than that" Eric said and Four smirked even though you knew he didn't want to do this "Maybe a little trim?" Four suggested and you glared at Eric "Go for it" Eric said.

The third knife was thrown and it ended up just above your head and the final knife just got your ear cutting it a little but you stuck to your word, you never flinched just as you knew you wouldn't.

You glared at Eric as you stormed off without paying anymore attention to the initiates or Four. You heard Eric tell Four to tell the initiates what to do. You slumped down against the wall just outside the training room and soon enough Eric found you.

"What?" you spat out clearly annoyed at him "Babe, I couldn't let that initiate off" he said sitting down next to you "Oh so you put me in his place" you said moving away from him slightly "I can't show weakness in front of them" he said and you shook your head.

You stood up "No Eric. Just because you weren't happy with an initiate you ordered him to do something stupid let alone making Four do it to him" you spoke with annoyance in your voice "And then you make Four do it to me. Unbelievable" you said giving him another glare.

You made your way back to the training room to see the initiates still throwing knives "Stop" Four said and all the initiates turned to look at you "You're dating Eric aren't you" an initiate called Christina said "Yeah. So what?" you asked shrugging.

"Why'd he make you do that?" another initiate by the name of Peter asked "Cause he did" you said walking closer to Four "Think of it like this, you test Eric he will not let you off with a simple warning" you announced to all of the initiates.

"Don't test him is the basic fact. Just because he is in a relationship with me doesn't mean he will let me off on a warning as you just saw" Four nodded in agreement with you "You lot are dismissed" Four said and all the initiates left.

Four left as well whilst you started throwing knives again to calm yourself down but you knew your posture was lacking.

You heard footsteps behind you and you presumed it was Eric but you didn't bother to turn around. You felt him wrap one arm around your waist and the other grasped your arm you were using to throw the knives.

"I am sorry Y/N" he breathed "I love you" he whispered into your ear as he helped you throw another knife.

~*~

Written by Hannah.