Greg Lestrade- Knife (c)

You groaned trying to move but so many tubes and wires were attached to you, you could barely move. An odd strangles groan escaped your throat as you attempted to take in as much air as you good, but the unusual sensation of the tubes around you make it hard to think straight.

A cough slipped past your lips instantly gaining the attention of the man who was half asleep in the chair next to your bed.

"Y/N?" he questioned standing up to walk to your side. He picked up your hand rubbing his thumb of your fingers avoiding the needle that was in the back of your hand.

"Greg, what are you doing here?" You croaked, not even certain your words were real words anymore.

"I haven't left since you were put into this place," he smiled softly.

It was easy to tell he hadn't left. His hair was askew, his shirt was no longer tucked into his trousers and his tie hung completely untied around his neck.

"How long have I been here?" You asked.

"Three days. Your side will be a bit sore, you had an operation, they thought it was best to keep you asleep for a couple of days to help you heal and stop you from being in a lot of pain. They said you won't feel much for a bit after you wake up, it'll be a bit numb, but soon you'll start feeling it all again," he sighed, "I'm so sorry this happened."

You understood what he meant in you being numb. Everything tingled a bit, and through the blanket and night gown you'd never have known you'd been in surgery, but having been under anaesthetic before you knew it'd all be back soon.

"Don't apologise Greg. It wasn't your fault. I was the idiot that decided to confront that guy. Did you catch him?" you sighed.

There was a case, and Greg had consulted Sherlock on the case. He figured out who had been our murderer, so you and Greg went to his house ahead of the others to arrest him. Just with the adrenaline and not wanting to lose your murderer, you confronted him whilst Greg was out of sight. The criminal embedded his knife between your ribs and soon all you remembered was the crying face of your love and colleague, then darkness.

"We got him. Back up was outside and caught him as he went to run. I was so scared I was going to lose you," he whispered.

"You're not getting rid of me that easy. Expect a lot of cuddling for a while," you smiled.

He let out a soft chuckle leaning in to press his lips to the tip of your nose.

"I love you."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.