Nathan Young- Arcade (a)

Misfits One Shot

"What do you mean no? You cheap fuckin' bastard. Give me the money or watch what happens!" It was hard to hear Nathan over the whirring of the machines and the cries of you from the children that darted in an out of the arcade. "Give me that juicy pot of 2p coins or watch what happens."

"Nathan. You knew we were all going to the seaside today, why didn't you bring any money?" Simon asked as he fed dull 2p coins into the machine." Nathan swung his arms around and groaned moodily. "It's like bringing a child, actually, forget that, the children here are actually kind of behaving themselves and I wouldn't want to insult them." Nathan lunged at Simon, you pushed Nathan back and gave him a stern finger point.

"Why are we even in the arcade anyway? Isn't there better things we could be doing with our day off?"

"We all agreed on going to the beach." Simon smiled as a small tower of coins fell into his tray. "Actually Nathan, It was your idea to go to the beach."

"Yes you absolute chimp, I wanted to go to the beach. The keyword being beach not the fucking arcade. I thought we were going to lie on the sand, check out some babes, you know? I was actually thinking me and y/n could leave you mugs behind and find a nice little cove to erect a sandcastle, you know?" Nathan gave you a cheeky wink but was met with a harsh glare.

"I will funnel sand into your penis Nathan."

"Oh." He smiled devilishly. "A kinky one, are we? Look if I must be here then at least give me something to do, I'm bored out of my head here, even I'm not desperate to hit on the biddies working here. I'm good for it, I'll give it back to you when we get back, I promise." He slumped his shoulders forward and leant against the sticky wall.

"No, you won't." Simon stood from the dirty stool and held his small cup of winnings; the fifteen minutes of play had netted him a total of about of about four pence of winnings, but it was still better than nothing. "You still owe me a can of coke from about four months ago."

"I keep forgetting, not my fault." Nathan shrugged as he sadly watched a pair of children play air hockey across the arcade.

"I remind you every time we go to the shop, and all that happens is you ask me to buy you another can."

"Nathan if I give you some money will you shut up and leave us alone and do you promise not to spend it on drugs?" You reached into your pocket and held a ten pound note in the air.

"I can't promise that." He snatched the note and ran.

~*~

Written by Aaron.