Robbie Jennings- My Heart: Part 2 (h)

Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging One Shot

Ever since Tom had spoken to you earlier that week you hadn't stopped thinking about trying to fix things with Robbie, of course you'd wanted to fix things from the very second you'd ended it, but you kept telling yourself it was better for him.

You knew that Robbie had a gig that weekend with his band, it was in Brighton, and you had already promised him you'd go. Of course, you had no clue if he still wanted you there, after all it was your choice to end it, but after a text from Tom promising to pick you up you found yourself in the crowd.

For the first half of the set, you thought you'd gone unnoticed by Robbie, and you were half debating leaving early, but when Robbie started speaking to announce the next song your eyes caught his, and he smiled.

"Now, this next song is a special one and it's dedicated to a special girl, the girl that I gave my heart to," he spoke clearly into the microphone as he kept eye contact with you. "And I know she's here tonight, somewhere, even though I convinced myself she wouldn't be," he chuckled nervously. "She's never heard this song before, and neither have you lot, so I hope you enjoy."

Robbie then started to sing a beautiful acoustic song, and as you listened to the lyrics you could tell it revolved around you – he sung about struggles together, about promises made, about hearts broken and about hearts repairing.

It all but brought you to tears as he stood up there, signing his heart out and as selfish as it sounded, you knew it was to you.

Once the song ended Robbie locked eyes with you and you saw unshed tears in his eyes also. He made a gesture for you two to talk outside, and so with his drummer announcing a quick intermission the two of you headed outside to the sea wall.

"So," you broke the silence as the two of you stared out over the sea. "Were you trying to make me cry?" you quizzed, trying to lighten the situation.

Robbie chuckled but turned to look at you, the vulnerability clear across his face. "No," he admitted. "I was trying to get you to see how much you mean to me, how much I love you."

Your heart melted and you sighed. "Rob, you know I love you, much more than I ever thought I would," you told him sincerely. "But there is that part of me that thinks you deserve more than me, better than me."

He shook his head, leaning on the wall and looking at you sideways. "There is no better than you, not for me," he stated with finality. "And there never will be."

You sighed again, but this one a sigh of relief as you tried to let go of all those doubts in your head over the man standing before you – it was true he had never given you a reason to doubt or to worry, it was your own head that had made up those thoughts of not being good enough.

Robbie reached out to intertwine his fingers with yours. "Don't go blaming yourself in this," your eyes shot to meet his, confused as to how he could know what you were thinking, and he chuckled lightly. "I know your brain, and I know how it works."

For a few more moments the two of you stood there in silence, looking out over the waves as your fingers stayed intertwined.

Eventually Robbie tugged your arm to tuck you into his side, your arms went around his waist as your head landed on his chest. His cologne hit you, the familiar smell of safety and of home, and you felt yourself beginning to shed those tears.

"Rob, how do I even begin to apologise?" you spoke through sniffles as Robbie tried to comfort you, pressing kisses to your hair, and rubbing your back.

"You don't," he spoke softly, looking down at you with fondness in his eyes. "There is nothing to apologise for, not in my books."

You looked up at him in confusion, not knowing what to say but knowing you needed to apologise.

Robbie shook his head, a small smile on his face. "What I said was true y'know? You're the girl that has my heart, the only girl."

"And you Robbie Jennings, you're the boy that has my heart," tears glistened in your eyes as you spoke, but all Robbie did was smile.

He leant down to kiss you gently, and then his forehead rested against yours. "That's the way it'll stay love, you and me."

~*~
Written by Hannah.