Eric Coulter- Fallen (h)

You didn't want to be here anymore, you didn't feel like going through all the stages was worth it. At first, being in Dauntless was a dream, a dream that you had wanted ever since you were little - then you met him.

You met the one and only, Eric Coulter - that's right, the extremely harsh and 'say it how it is' guy.

From Day One, Eric had been constantly commenting on your skills and your chances of staying in Dauntless. You knew full well that he didn't want you in Dauntless; he had made that very clear over the past few weeks.

However, it was as if fate intended - you had fallen for that very man. You didn't understand why you had fallen for him, he wasn't anything like your previous boyfriend and you had only left him because you left your faction.

A part of you wondered whether or not it was worth putting yourself through all the motions that came with loving him, and then there was another part of you that was just telling you to go along with it, to see what would happen.

It was definitely a conflicting situation for you; you had never been in a situation like that before as your previous boyfriend made the first move.

You were currently up against Peter, you knew Peter could hurt you but you could hurt Peter. It was Eric that decided the fight, everyone gasped when he said your name after Peter's - you knew you could handle him, despite not really wanting to be there anymore.

You were snapped out of your thoughts by Peter knocking your feet out from under you "Need to be quicker Y/L/N" Peter commented with a smirk on his face.

You didn't answer Peter, instead you pushed yourself back up with your hands and as you were doing so, you managed to push Peter back which caused him to lose his balance and fall back.

Within seconds, you had Peter pinned down on the mat. One of your knees was between the two of his preventing him from moving, and your hands had his held above his head so that he couldn't grab you.

"Give up?" you asked in a mocking voice "Never you bit-" he sneered but Eric cut him off "ENOUGH" Eric yelled and you let Peter go.

You jumped down from the mat, but not before catching the look that Eric sent towards Peter. You turned around and saw Peter glaring at you "Wouldn't want to keep that face Peter - could scare all the girls away" you commented and you swore you heard Eric laugh.

"Y/N, can I speak to you for a moment?" Eric asked as he motioned to outside. You nodded and followed him out into the hall.

You leant back against the wall, whilst Eric stood opposite you "Did I do something wrong?" you asked crossing your arms.

Eric shook his head "You have done nothing wrong, but I wanted to tell you something" he sounded pretty nervous as he talked "Just don't freak out on me" he said and you nodded, you were curious and wanted to know what he wanted to tell you.

"I know that I have been horrible to you" he admitted and you scoffed "Horrible is an understatement" you muttered and he sighed "Eric, you basically told me that you didn't want me here - you didn't want me in Dauntless, you wanted me gone" you said, trying to hold back all the tears that threatened to fall.

"I told you that because I didn't know what else to say" he said but he sounded hurt "Y/N, I never ever wanted to hurt you, I never wanted to make you upset" he took steps closer to you whilst he talked "I told you I didn't want you here because I couldn't handle what I was feeling - I couldn't handle the idea that there was someone out there that I cared about" he got closer and closer to you as he spoke "The life I have isn't one that I want to bring someone into, I don't want you to get hurt" he finally reached you and placed his hands on your waist.

You were surprised to say the least "Please don't tell me that this is a joke, this feels so surreal and I don't want to get hurt" you admitted as you sighed.

Eric placed his forehead against yours "I would never lie about how I feel, not to you" he whispered before connecting his lips to yours.

~*~

Written by Hannah.