Colin Bridgerton- Adventure: Part 2 (c)

Bridgerton One Shot

After you told Colin the truth about Marina, you didn't hear from him. Normally you would speak to each other nearly every day, but it had been nearly a fortnight since you had told him of her pregnancy, and you hadn't heard from him since. You feared returning to the Bridgerton residence in case it would anger him further and instead didn't venture far from your own home unless it was absolutely necessary.

You were sat in your home's library, reading as you frequently had over the recent days when the door opened revealing one of your family's servants who announced the arrival of a Mr Bridgerton. Even before you saw him, you could have only assumed it was Colin.

You rose from your seat as he entered the room, the door being closed behind him.

"You look well," you said with a gentle smile, not sure if he was here to shout at you or to speak civilly.

"As do you," he responded. "I came to thank you."

"For what?"

Colin sighed, pain on his face. "For saving me from myself. If Marina had told me herself of the pregnancy, I would have married her, but I am not willing to put myself into a relationship with someone who wanted to use me without care. I am uncertain if I did love her, or if I was desperate to please someone who seemingly cared for me, however I am certain that I do love someone else as I have been certain of that fact for many years."

Your heart begun to flutter in your chest, hoping he meant what you thought he was saying. You didn't want to get your hopes up, but you could feel the joy rising within you.

"And who is the lucky person?" You questioned, trying to keep a flat expression.

He held out his hand to you. "It's you. It has always been you."

A smile curled onto your lips as you rest your palm against his.

"I have always been in love with you, but I didn't believe that you would ever feel anything for me. Whenever I thought of my future, you were by my side, not just as my friend but as my wife. I always thought that I would end up marrying someone and having to put my wishes to travel, to explore the world to the side for them, but I could only ever hope that you would be there to travel with me, to see every beauty the world offers being shadowed by your smile."

"I have dreamt of this moment since I was a child," you whispered.

"As have I."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.