Colin Bridgerton- Adventure: Part 3 (c)

Bridgerton One Shot

It had barely been a week since Colin admitted how he felt for you. Little did you know how quickly he had worked and had already had a discussion with your father who happily agreed with him plan, not just because of his family but also because he had known Colin since he was a child and deemed him almost like the son he had never had.

Colin had invited you for a walk around the gardens of your home until you reached a far-off corner where an oak tree stood. Unlike the rest of the trees on the property the bark was chipped and carved from your childhood antics where the two of you had carved childish drawings including a heart with your names conveniently close to it.

He ran his fingertips over the scarred wood of the heart as he smiled to himself. "Do you remember when you carved this?"

You nodded your head. It was crooked and barely even heart shaped but you both knew what it was.

"I also remember cutting my finger as I tried to sharpen the point of it," you stated. "I also struggled terribly with the C of your name; curves were not easy to carve when you have no practice."

"I remember you stumbling over your words, pretending that you didn't mean to place our names by the side of the heart, but I had hoped that you did mean it, because I loved you from before then. I had loved you with every ounce of my being from the second I saw you and I had hoped desperately that you would be my wife one day," he smiled softly, moving his gaze to you. "I fell in love with you, and I hoped that I would find someone that I could love as much as I loved you as I didn't think you would ever feel the same, but I do believe that is how you feel now, and I hope that I'm not about to make a fool of myself."

Colin took a deep breath before moving down onto a single knee before pulling out a ring box, opening it to reveal a beautiful ring.

"Please will you make me the happiest man in the world by becoming my wife?"

You grinned widely as you nodded your head. You leant down to press your lips to his, not caring about the ring, just caring about the man that was knelt before you.

"Of course, I want to be your wife."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.