Barney Stinson- Friends (h)

You had been ill for around a couple of weeks, it had gotten to the point where you weren't well enough to go out because you couldn't handle it. You could only just walk around the apartment.

You had been staying with your boyfriend since you fell ill – he didn't want you being at your apartment, on your own, with no one to care for you.

He was going to introduce you to his friends a few days ago, as he had scheduled to do so in advance, not knowing that you would become ill.

Currently, the two of you were cuddled up on the couch watching some TV before Barney went to meet his friends at MacLarens.

The cuddling was much to your protest, you didn't want Barney to get ill but he was adamant that he was going to cuddle with you – even in his suit, which was saying something.

You knew that Barney wasn't one to have a steady girlfriend; however, the two of you had been together for around 6 months. Which was a long time to not have met his friends yet, you knew how close they all were and you didn't want to ruin that in any way.

You nuzzled your head into Barney's side "How are you feeling Baby?" he asked kissing the top of your head "Crappy" you answered, your voice sounded stuffy because of your blocked nose "You sound so cute" Barney chuckled when he spoke "I'm glad to entertain you" you said playfully glaring at him.

When Barney stood up you got cold "Babe, pass me a blanket please?" you asked lying down on the sofa "Here" he said laying one over you and you cuddled into it "Thank you" you said and he smiled.

Barney crouched down to the couch level "I will be back in a bit Baby. I love you okay" he said kissing your nose "I love you too" you said. He leant in to kiss you but you shook your head "I'm sick. I don't want you to get sick" you said pouting but Barney quickly kissed you before leaving.

—– Barney's P.O.V —–
I wanted the gang to meet Y/N. We have been dating for a long time and they still hadn't met her. When I planned to introduce her, I didn't know that she would become sick. I know she wanted to meet them and I hated leaving her alone in the apartment but I wanted to bring the gang back to my place to introduce them to her.

They all agreed to come back to my place for drinks. I opened the door and I smiled at the sight that greets me. Y/N was curled up on the couch, fast asleep with the blanket over her. I bet she didn't even move after I left.

Robin, Marshall, Lily and Ted all walked in. Each and every one of them looked at me with a surprised look on their face "Who is she?" Lily asked sounded confused "My girlfriend" I said as nonchalantly as possible.

"Does she live here?" Robin asked and I shook my head "No, but she has been sick for the past couple weeks and I didn't want her being on her own at her flat, so I asked her if she wanted to stay here" I explained.

Y/N stirred in her sleep and opened her eyes "Hey Baby" I said as she sat up. She noticed everyone else in the living room.

She looked from my friends, to me and back to my friends "Uh, hello" she said, waving a little making me smile.

I loved this girl, way too damn much.  

~*~

Written by Hannah.