Hannah Grose- Saviour (c)

The Haunting of Bly Manor One Shot

You did your best to swat at your attacker, but it was a futile attempt. The large wooden dining table was keeping you in your seat with Jamie stood behind the chair, stopping you from being able to push it back as she hit you repeatedly with the rolled-up newspaper. She repeatedly hit you on the head and shoulders with the newspaper, using as much force as she could gather from her anger.

"Stop!" You screamed, trying you best to either grab the weapon or disarm her.

It may not have hurt terribly but it still wasn't the most pleasant experience and you wanted it to stop as soon as you could.

"You deserve far worse than a newspaper attack!" She huffed, continuing the onslaught.

"You said to be honest, stop hitting me!" You screeched.

"Destroy my garden and honesty won't save you."

Jamie hit you again as the door to the hallway opened, revealing Hannah who seemed confused by the scene she had walked in on. Even with a witness, Jamie didn't seem to care and wanted to let her anger out on you with her newspaper.

"Jamie! Stop hitting the poor girl," Hannah sighed, having gotten used to weird interactions with the staff and residents of the manor.

"She fucked up my garden," Jamie frowned, clutching onto the newspaper with both hands, giving you the opportunity to slide down in your seat to try and cover yourself the best you could from attack.

You peered your head up slightly to look over at Hannah. "I had a free morning and thought I'd help her out and weed the front garden, but I accidentally trampled some of the seedlings she had planted yesterday."

Hannah took a deep breath. She was already beyond this conversation, but she knew if she left the two of you to resolve it, Jamie would likely go to get the shovel to be her next weapon on you.

"It was an accident," Hannah reiterated.

Jamie clenched her teeth, doing her best to bottle up the annoyance that she felt about the situation.

"If you do that again, it won't be the newspaper I hit you with," Jamie stated throwing the paper down onto the table and heading back outside to do her work.

You let out a sigh of relief, rising from the table.

"You're my saviour," you smiled.

"I know you meant well but it is normally for the best to leave her gardens alone, she is quite particular," Hannah explained.

"I can see that now," you said. "Thank you for being my saving grace."

~*~
Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.