Leonard Hofstadter - Disappear (h)

You'd never been the type of person to think back on your life choices. It wasn't something that you wanted to spend your time doing, however sleep deprivation wasn't working in that favour.

Your boyfriend had no trouble sleeping, he rarely woke up unless Sheldon stormed in with a random question or drill. There was no chance of Sheldon waking Leonard up though, because he was visiting his new-born nephew in Texas.

You didn't want to stay in bed, so here you were, sat on the sofa with Leonard's jacket on and the low audio of the television in the background as your attention wasn't directed at the television.

There was a multitude of thoughts swirling around in your mind, the main one was what could have happened to your life if you had never have met Leonard.

Leonard had changed a lot for you. He had helped you through some rough times, he had been there for you when you felt like there was definitely no one else and a life without him, well that just wasn't plausible anymore.

You were nowhere near as smart as Leonard and his peers, you were a teacher and you taught the younger children instead of the rowdy and annoying teenagers.

Teaching children meant lots and lots of questions, the questions rarely had a definitive answer and some left you wondering about pretty much everything you have ever done. Some children had the most interesting questions, and you could never quite manage to get your head around them.

The latest question was 'Miss Y/N, what would happen to all of us if everyone we loved disappeared?'

The kid that asked that was 6, 6 bloody years old. How he managed to think that up, you didn't know.

You knew that if Leonard disappeared, you would be lost.

Leonard was your rock, there was no denying that, and he was the one that made you follow your dreams and made you want to actually do something with your life.

Life was a gift, and you weren't prepared to waste it because you were never going to let the ones you love disappear from your life.

~*~

Written by Hannah.