Paladin Danse- Help (a)

Fallout 4 One Shot

"Excuse me?" You coyly approached the war-stained man who had hunched himself over the large, heavily chipped table and was staring intently at a large map of a Boston that you failed to recognise. You stared at the map trying your best to understand, but despite your many years living but a mere bus ride away it was so different from what you knew. With almost empty eyes he stared up and before you had even realised, he had drawn a well-kept laser pistol and had it calmly pointed at your chest.

"What do you want?" Instinctively you rose your hands into the air and slowly backed away. "Did I say to walk away? Tell me what you want before I sink a fusion cell into your chest."

"I just want help... I think I'm lost. Don't shoot me please, I just want to find my son." The suspicion from his eyes failed to cease as he ushered you into a dusty, rusted seat with a slight lift of his chin and a wave from his gun.

"What happened to your son?" He asked as he returned to the table to thoroughly search through a docket of information. "Do you think it was the institute?" He asked, looking at you from under his eyebrows.

"What's the-"

"Before your son was kidnapped had you noticed any... peculiar behaviour? Anybody following you or seeming a little bit too interested in what you had to say?" He cut you off before you could ask.

"What's the Institute?" You asked again leading to a scoff and a raised eyebrow from him.

"Please tell me... I'm sorry I never seemed to take your name, how unprofessional of me. I'm Paladin Danse of the Brotherhood of Steel. You are?" A wave of emotion rolled over you. Paladin... Brotherhood... Institute, what does it all mean? None of this meant anything.

"Y/n. Look can you help me find my son or are you going to keep throwing these nonsensical words at me?"

"Nonsensical... look y/n, I understand that you're going through a hard time, but the looming threat of the Institute isn't the joke some idiots think it to be. But of course, apart from those people stealing bastards it could have been ghouls, super mutants, the common raider or to be honest just about any other scum that trawls this hell hole. Oh... sorry, yeah, I can do what I can but don't get it my way, I'm very busy."

~*~

Written by Aaron.