Bash- Storm (c)

The room was pitch black, only being lit up with the flashes of lightning from outside. You could hear the rain and wind swirling outside along with the loud crashes of thunder.

Storms unnerved you. They hadn't for the whole of your life until your daughter was born. From birth she would cry through the storms and wouldn't sleep a wink. As she got older, she'd became less tearful from storms but would still be incapable of sleeping unless she was with your or your husband Bash.

You had agreed with Bash that you two would stop going to her room when there was a storm to attempt to help her face her fears. However if she came to your room you would both console her.

It broke your heart to know she was suffering in fear, but you couldn't allow her to just settle with a fear that would make an appearance on a regular basis. You knew Bash felt the same, but if this was to work you'd both have to stick together and not break.

However within the sounds of the rain and wind you could hear quick light feet scramble through the hallway into your room along with a soft whimper.

"Y/D/N?" You called out weakly.

As another flash of lightning and a rumble of thunder arrived, you saw the shocked face of your daughter quiver in front of you.

"Are you okay honey?" You asked sitting up in your bed.

"I'm scared," she whimpered.

"Do you want me to tuck you back in?" You smiled softly although you were pretty sure she couldn't see your face.

"Can I sleep with you and father?" She whispered.

You let out a soft laugh. You knew that was what would happen and you didn't mind.

"Of course sweetie."

As she climbed onto the end of the bed, you nudged your husband awake. He let out a grunt.

"Huh?"

"Bash. Y/D/N, was woken up by the storm she wants to sleep in here," you said softly.

Y/D/N crawled under the covers so she was lying in between you and Bash. You could now feel that she was shaking, possibly from running through the cold halls or from the fear of the storm.

"It's okay Y/D/N. The storm can't hurt you. When you are inside the storm is no match for the walls around you. And your mother and I will always protect you," Bash said moving closer to you.

You wrapped your arms around your daughter as Bash draped an arm over you both.

"I love you Mother. I love you Father," she whispered.

"I love you too," Bash smiled.

"And I love Y/D/N. Now try to sleep my love."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.