Benedict Bridgerton- Picnic (c)

Bridgerton One Shot

Benedict had headed out to visit his brother at his home, leaving you home with the servants. You had taken to the patio with your current sewing project, to give you something to keep busy and resulting in another embroidered handkerchief to be put within the drawer of your bed chambers to likely only ever be seen by the moths. You spent most of your days doing menial hobbies to pass your time, sewing or playing the piano, not much coming from either but it was remotely pleasant. Your favourite hobbies were to paint and draw, mainly with your husband, both of you fond of art and having more sketches of each other than anyone could have ever wanted.

Sewing kept your busy until your husband returned to find you still sat out on the patio. He offered you a warm and loving smile, holding out a bouquet of beautiful flowers, wrapped delicately.

"You bought me flowers?" You smiled, rising from your sit, leaving your sewing in the seat you had once occupied.

"I saw them, and they were almost as beautiful as you," Benedict stated, handing you the bouquet and leaning in to press a gentle and loving kiss to your lips. "I had spoken to the cook before I left to prepare a lunch for the two of us in the gardens. I am sure the picnic has been laid out for us already."

You cocked an eyebrow at him as you continued to admire the flowers. It wasn't as though Benedict wasn't a loving husband, he was beyond loving and affectionate, but it wasn't the expectation for a husband to care for his wife past having already taken her hand.

"We have not been courting for years, you do not need to try to woo me, I am already you wife," you assured him.

He took your hand and rose it to his lips for a loving kiss to your knuckles.

"Romance does not die once our vows are said. I may have already gotten you to agree to marry me, but I hope for you to never wish to change your mind."

You handed the flowers to your maid to take to put in a vase whilst you agreed for Benedict to escort you out into the gardens of your home to where to extravagant picnic lay, waiting for the two of you to have one of the romantic dates you had missed from your time courting.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.