Kate Beckett- Break: Part 1 (c)

Castle One Shot

In your time being in a relationship with Kate, you had gotten used to the long and unexpected hours that she had to work and the many dates and arrangements that had been pushed off or cancelled due to her job. You knew how much it meant to her and as she was the woman you loved, you could ignore all of that and appreciate all the time that you did get with her, even if it was stealing her away for a ten-minute coffee date.

Kate was due home any minute and seen as she hadn't called to say she was stuck at work, you hoped that she would be there soon. It wouldn't have been the first time though that she was stuck on a scene or in an interrogation and ended up unable to phone you until a while later. You had started to expect it was one of those circumstances until the front door unlocked and revealed your girlfriend. She didn't look the same as when she left, bags heavy under her eyes and her shirt now untucked from her trousers, looking slightly dishevelled.

"Hi darling," you smiled warmly. "How was work?"

She shook her head, in a way that you had gotten used to meaning that it was a long day, and she was just glad to get a break, although with the many phone calls she got in the middle of the night, that break could be likely to end early.

You stood up from your comfortable spot on the sofa, making your way over to her to get her into a warm embrace.

"Get those shoes off and find your most comfortable pyjamas," you demanded. "Grab a bottle of wine and meet me in the bathroom."

She cocked an eyebrow at you. "What?"

You rubbed her arm gently, pulling at the sleeves of her suit jacket until you got it off of her back.

"You deserve a break from your work, and that is what I am giving you Katherine Beckett. Now do as your told."

Your tone wasn't genuine sternness, something you were rarely ever able to create, but she knew that even when you pretended to be stern, she was best off to listen to you.

"Red or white?" She asked.

"I trust your judgement," you smiled. "Take your time, but don't be too long, I'll be waiting."

You hurried off from your girlfriend, discarding her jacket on the back of the sofa as you passed it on the way into the bathroom.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.