Friedrich of Prussia- Honour: Part 2 (c)

Bridgerton One Shot

You danced with the prince for the rest of the evening. Although you didn't care that he was a prince, you did care that he was kind and smart and genuinely cared about your thoughts, unlike most of the men you met. For the first time, you left a party smiling and glad you had attended. You knew nothing would come of your evening of dancing, but you were glad to meet someone who you enjoyed speaking to.

The next morning, you had headed to the library to read and try to ignore your brothers' questions about the night prior and how you felt like it was going. You kept your head down, reading until one of the servants entered the room, announcing the guest that had just arrived. Your heart skipped a beat when you heard that it was Prince Friedrich, but it quickly faltered, in fear you had done something wrong.

You stood up, brushing down your skirt as he entered the room with the biggest bouquet that you had ever seen.

"Your highness," you whispered, curtseying.

"Miss Y/S/N, Mr Y/S/N," the prince said nodding to you both as he said your names and held out the flowers to you. "A gift for you."

You took them and thanked him for his kindness.

"I wish to thank you for spending your evening with me yesterday," he smiled. "I cannot recall such enjoyment before, your company was a great relief from my previous dances that evening, and I can only offer you my genuine gratitude for that."

"Your highness, I should be the one to thank you, for I also had a very pleasant time dancing and speaking with you. I must apologise for stealing all of your time from the other ladies whom you could have danced with."

"Please do not apologise. If I had wished to dance with them, I would not have danced with you but that was what I wished. I have one more wish though, hence my presence here. I would very much like to ask to court you, if that is something you would also want," he said softly.

You weren't able to rationally think the question through, instead your only question escaped you. "Why?"

Your brother berated you with your name for being so direct with a prince. It was improper to simply ask why but you couldn't help the word having escaped.

"What do you mean?" Prince Friedrich asked.

"I mean you no offence, your highness, however I do not understand. You are a prince, why do you wish to court me?"

He took your hand and raised it to his lips as he had during your first meeting.

"I care not for your title, Miss Y/S/N, I felt a genuine connection with you, and I wish to pursue that. Would you wish to court me?"

You took a second to think and try your best to ignore the burning glare of your brother. You let a small smile curl onto your lips before you agreed.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.