Maya Hayes- Lady Questions

Will opened the door to you with a concerned expression on his face.

"You are here," he exclaimed ushering you into his home.

"You sounded urgent on the phone," you said still a bit out of breath from running there, "is Maya okay?"

"I'm fine," she stated sitting down onto the sofa.

"You made it sound like she was dying," you frowned at your best friend.

He gave you a sheepish smile sitting in the arm chair gesturing to the sofa next to Maya. You sat down next to his daughter looking confused as to why they had called you over with such desperate tones.

"So why did you want me to come over so quickly?" you asked him.

"Maya has some questions," Will stated.

You turned to the little girl who rolled her eyes.

"But he wouldn't answer them," She frowned jutting her thumb at her Father.

"What are your questions sweetie? How am I going to be able to answer them if they are directed at your Father?" you asked softly.

"They are female questions. And as her Mum isn't here at the moment, you seemed like the perfect person to ask," Will said with a cheesy smile on his face.

You sighed attempting to smile. What were these questions going to be?

"So what are these questions Maya?"

"Do periods really hurt? My teacher said it hurts a little but I think she was lying. Also what is it? She said that it's just bleeding but she didn't explain why," Maya frowned.

"Oh."

You looked over at her Dad.

"Maya can you get me a glass of water please?" you asked softly.

She nodded getting up and going to the kitchen.

"Why can't she talk to her Mother about periods?" you hissed under your breath.

"She is on a business trip and she has asked me six times in the last 24 hours," he frowned.

"I hate you William."