Max Black- Front Door (c)

2 Broke Girls One Shot

You had struggled to get to sleep that night and just when you had finally fallen into your slumber, a knock on the door disturbed you. You turned to your attention to the alarm clock that was sat next to you on your bedside cabinet. The glowing numbers blinded your eyes as you looked at the proof that it was the middle of the night. At first you were bothered by the fact that you had been woken up before the concern of the fact that someone was at your door at that time settled in.

You tried to move silently through your apartment, bumping into furniture as you stumbled in the darkness until you reached the front door. You peered through the peephole to see who was knocking at the door. At first it didn't seem like anyone was there until you noticed Max stumble backwards from it, struggling to keep on her feet as she rocked back forwards to slam a hand into the door.

Taking off the latch, you opened the front door.

"Max?" You whisper yelled. "What are you doing here?"

She grinned at you as she staggered forward into the flat, practically falling into your arms.

"I needed you," she practically screamed, trying her best to keep herself onto her feet.

You flicked on the light, closing the front door behind her. Able to see Max, you could see the mascara trailed down her cheeks, the smell of the alcohol on her breath overwhelming you.

"What do you mean?" You asked. "Are you okay?"

Her fingers dug into your arms, trying to use you for stability in standing up. Max normally held her alcohol pretty well, but she was beyond drunk, so it was beyond you how much she had drunk or why. One of her hands trailed up to roughly cup your cheek, attempting to be a sincere and gentle moment but in her altered state, she almost took out your eye.

"I can't keep kissing strangers and pretending that they're you," she said in what she thought was a whisper but was actually louder than her normal volume.

The two of you had been flirting for a while but you had never wanted to surpass your friendship in fear of what could happen if she didn't actually like you in return, but if she truly meant what she said, then that fear was likely for nothing.

"I don't think this is a conversation we should be having right now," you smiled softly. "I think it would be for the best if we got you to bed and tried this again in the morning."

Max looked disappointed to hear that but she didn't have enough of her faculties to fight you as you led her to your bed and tucked her in to get some rest.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.