Ben Wheeler- Fever (h)

Baby Daddy One Shot

You'd heard the saying of being on the same wavelength as someone quite a bit, and it was usually in reference to you and Ben.

Even before Emma was born you and Ben had always been in tune with each other – you thought it just came with having known each other for so long but not even Riley or Tucker was as in tune with Ben as you were.

They always told you that you must have the same brain as Ben and whilst, obviously, that was impossible you couldn't really deny the concept.

Ever since Emma, and Ben being a single Dad, you had always seemed to be his first port of call. It didn't have to be just because something was wrong, it could be he wasn't sure what clothes to buy or what preschool to enrol her in, and more often than not the two of you thought completely alike.

You had always had a soft spot for Ben, though you weren't quite sure what that soft spot meant, but when you saw him with Emma your heart just swelled, and you couldn't help but smile.

Everyone had noticed how fondly you watched Ben, even before Emma came along, but they also saw how Ben looked at you – adoration in his eyes, utter love in his actions.

"Hey Y/N?" Ben called to you from the living room.

You walked out to see him rocking Emma in his arms, but you could see Emma's forehead slick with sweat. "What's wrong?"

Ben sighed, feeling Emma's forehead with the back of his hand. "I think she's got a fever, but she won't let Riley or Tucker or anyone else hold her whilst I go and get her medicine.

"Hey, don't stress," you spoke calmly as you perched in front of him. "Want me to feel?"

He nodded his head, the worry present in his eyes, but you placed the back of your hand against her forehead and felt the heat for yourself.

Sighing, you pressed a gentle kiss to her head. "I think it could've been the park that brought it on, when we-"

"Got caught in the rain, yeah I was thinking that," Ben cut you off as he agreed with you, much to the amusement of the others.

"I'll take her, you go to the shop," you sat next to him as you spoke.

He smiled at you, despite still being clearly worried. "She always goes to you," he confirmed with a slight chuckle. "Maybe she knows something I don't."

Emma went to you easily, settling as soon as she was in your arms, which baffled the others in the room.

Ben took a deep breath before he stood, dropping a kiss to your forehead and then Emma's, and collected his things to leave.

Once he had left you manoeuvred Emma so that she was more comfortable in your arms whilst you rocked her gently to keep her calm.

"Why do you all look so confused?" you questioned as you realised they were all staring at you.

Riley groaned as she came to sit with you. "Not only do we all think you and Ben have the same brain, Emma must do too."

You laughed and shook your head. "Ben and I aren't like that."

"Uh yeah, you are," Tucker spoke up from his spot in the kitchen. "We all tried multiple times to get Emma away from Ben, and she knows us just as much as she knows you, but she went to you instantly from Ben."

Danny chuckled as he came to sit at your side, gently stroking Emma's hair as she had fallen asleep.

"We all know how you and Ben are," he reminded you. "You guys just need to realise it too."

~*~

Written by Hannah.

Tumblr Request