Max Black- Missed Order (c)

2 Broke Girls One Shot

When your sister Max had started her cupcake business with her new roommate Caroline, you had been very supportive even coming on in your free time to help out with some of the paperwork and boring bits to help them be able to spend more time on the actual product and selling. After work, you popped over to their apartment and said you'd be there for a while to sort out things for them. They had both headed to bed and you had ended up turning the bathroom into an office so that Caroline could sleep in the main living area.

You sat on the toilet lid and continued to work through the order sheets to add some form of order to them. You were filling in the spreadsheet when you came across an order that caught your attention. It was one that was due in that day, along with two others but it hadn't been moved to the pile for ones ready to be delivered. Grabbing the order and the others for that day, you headed to the kitchen, using your phone as a torch, hoping that you wouldn't wake up Caroline. You looked through the boxes of cupcakes and everything for the other orders was ready to go but the order you had found wasn't prepared as you had suspected.

Max and Caroline had worked too hard on this business to have one bad review tank the progress and you knew that would happen if they missed the delivery of this order. Grasping the order slip, you rushed past Caroline's bed and into Max's bedroom.

"Wake up," you hissed, shoving her shoulder. "Max."

She grunted at you but hugged onto the pillow to try and cover her ears and fall back into a deep slumber.

"Maxine, wake up!"

You gave her arm a forceful hit to force her to raise her head from the pillow. She narrowed her eyes at you, turning to the alarm clock on her bedside table.

"What?" He groaned. "It's three in the morning."

"You've missed an order," you stated, showing her the sheet. "Two dozen chocolate and two dozen red velvet, due at eleven. You haven't made a single one for the order, it had been put in for next week's orders and been overlooked."

She threw her head back into her pillow. "I'm not making fifty cupcakes."

"No, you're making forty-eight," you corrected. "Get your butt out of bed and into that kitchen, I'll help you and we'll get this order done."

She wanted to tell you where to shove it but knew it was a mistake that she needed to correct so reluctantly swung her legs out of bed and demanded you make the biggest mug of coffee you could find before she had to get back to work.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.