Kate Beckett- Break: Part 2 (c)

Castle One Shot

You could hear Kate making her way through your flat, doing as you told her as you rushed to get things ready for the quick relaxation of the evening that she deserved. In all the time you had been together, you very rarely saw her take a moment for herself and did something that didn't involve her having to worry about someone else, and you were going to do everything in your power to the turn the tables for her.

Everything finished up just in time for you to hear the clink of the two wine glasses that she grabbed from the cupboard.

"It's ready," you called out to Kate, waiting for her to respond.

Kate didn't say anything, instead she made her way into the bathroom to find the scene that you had created for her. The bath was filled with steaming water and one of the baths bombs you had bought and never gotten around to using, changing the colour of the water to a swirl of pinks and purples. Around the rim of the bath was all the candles you could find in the flat, offering a gentle glow into the room without the main light on. You'd hung her bathrobe over the radiator to warm up whilst she relaxed in the bath.

"Why did you do this?" She asked, a smile curling onto her lips.

"You deserve to be pampered. Now get into the bath, and I'll pour us some wine."

You took the bottle and glasses from her, sitting down onto the toilet lid where you planned to perch whilst you kept her company, knowing that as soon as you left, she would quickly wash and get out without taking time to relax.

"You didn't have to do this," she sighed, putting her folded pyjamas down beside you.

"I know, but I wanted to, now strip."

Kate rolled her eyes at you as you poured the drinks for the two of you. She did as she was told, removing all of her clothes and slipping into the hot water, letting out a pleasant sigh. You handed one of the glasses out to her. She happily took it and took a sip of it.

"I needed this," she smiled.

"And maybe you'd listen to me more often and take a break. There's no reason to work yourself half to death."

Although she didn't say it to save her pride, you could see the gratitude on her face.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.