Anthony Bridgerton- Saviour (c)

Bridgerton One Shot

"Let me go," you said through gritted teeth, trying not to cry out a fear.

You knew it wasn't smart to walk alone at night as a woman, but you had little choice when you had been visiting your father at the local hospital and needed to get home. You had walked there in the early afternoon, meaning that your carriage wasn't there to return you so you decided to just try to walk as quickly as your feet would allow you to hopefully get home.

It had barely been five minutes into your walk home when a gentleman had crossed the street to walk on the side that you were on, forcing you to speed up your pace. Sadly, you couldn't walk as quickly as was needed before your arm was grabbed with a forceful grip that you couldn't shake off. Fear ran through you as you tried to keep a strong exterior and try to fight for your life.

Cruel and bitter words escaped the man as he tried to drag you along the street to keep you away from prying ears. You tried to force your feet into the ground to keep up resistance, but it didn't slow his plans to pull you along.

"Help!" You screamed, hoping for someone to help you but your hope for that was becoming thinner and thinner.

His other hand wrapped around to cover your mouth to stop you from letting anyone know that you were in distress.

"Darling?" You heard a male voice from behind you call.

The man's grip on you loosened on you, letting you pull away enough to bump into the chest of the man that had just spoken.

"What are you doing to my wife?" The new man frowned. "Are you okay?"

When he turned to you, his expression and tone softened but you still didn't feel capable of saying anything in return, far too scared of everything that was occurring. He leaned in to pretend to kiss your cheek but let his lips linger by your ear long enough to whisper to you.

"Take my hand. Just trust me."

You didn't see a better option so did as you were told, taking his hand and moving as close to him as you could, hoping he was the saviour you wished for.

"I would leave now before we decide to bring the law into this discussion," he stated forcefully.

Your attacker quickly fled letting you finally take the breath that had been lost in your throat.

"My apologies," he smiled softly. "Are you okay?"

"Thank you for saving me," you whispered. "I do not know how to show my gratitude for saving me from that."

"You need not thank me; however I would request that you let me escort you home to make sure you're safe."

A small smile curled onto your lips. "Thank you. I'm Y/N."

"Anthony."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.