Jamie Taylor- Crazy (c)

The Haunting of Bly Manor One Shot

When you first moved to Bly, you couldn't have imagined anything anymore perfect. You had wanted a job and an escape and being the new au pair at Bly Manor solved both of those. The manor was a good enough distance from the village and even then, the village was small and quaint and nowhere near the rest of the world that you were so desperate escape. Your favourite part about moving there was meeting Jamie. She was the gardener and now your girlfriend. You never imagined you'd find love at Bly, but she was everything and more than you could have dreamed, and you fell so quickly.

Jamie made sure you felt comfortable at the manor and offered you a love that you never knew you needed. Everything was perfect for the two of you until things weren't. It wasn't that the relationship had issues, but you were too scared of losing her due to a recent change and that made you pull away. She asked what was wrong more times than you could count but you tried to make it seem like everything was fine- it wasn't- but you couldn't admit that.

After weeks of you pulling away from her, she finally snapped. Jamie asked you again what was wrong, whether she'd hurt you, whether something had happened, but you pushed her away again and that was too much for her.

"I'm fine," you tried to assure her, but both of you knew it was a lie.

"Why won't you just tell me what's wrong?" Jamie snapped.

She had never snapped at you before, but you understood that things had gone too far, and she felt like there was no choice but to escalate how she felt. If you wanted to keep your life at Bly, if you wanted to stay with Jamie, you had to be honest with her, no matter how terrifying that was.

"You're going to think I'm crazy," you croaked, scared to admit anything that had been going on, scared that you'd end up locked up for how crazy you felt.

"Why would I think you were crazy?" Jamie asked.

You took a deep breath, not sure what you were meant to do. Without another escape, you had to tell her and hope that she believed you.

"I've been seeing things," you whispered. "I don't know what they are, ghosts, demons, I don't know, but I know they aren't human."

Jamie didn't know what she was meant to say but only one word could escape her, only one that made sense.

"Fuck."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.