Eric Coulter- Underestimated: Part 1 (h)

You were helping Four out with the initiates; you had agreed to show them how to fight by doing a demonstration with Four.

You were an experienced fighter; you could take out a guy that was at least twice your size, if not more. However, you couldn't stand whiny little children so you knew that these initiates would be fun.

Four jumped up onto the training mat and pulled you up afterwards "Today, we are going to show you how to attack without breaking any bones" Four announced to the initiates that were around the mat "It is pretty simple once you get the hang of it, however if you break a bone don't come crying to us – go to the med wing" you crossed your arms as you spoke "We are here to teach, not to babysit" Four laughed at your comment.

Both you and Four got into the general fighting stance. Four smirked at you "Now, first things first. Step forward with your dominant leg, it will be your strongest leg and will therefore be the best source of balance" Four said and the both of you demonstrated "Next, if you go to jab – aim for the neck and use your arm, not your fist" you said going to jab Four but not attempting to hurt him.

"Do you want to do it for real?" Four asked and you nodded "I don't see why not, just don't cause any major damage" you joked and Four chuckled "I value my life Y/N, I don't want your fiancé murdering me" Four commented and you laughed "I wouldn't let him" you said shrugging.

Four was the first to swing, he went to punch you but you ducked it and used your low stance to your advantage as you swept his legs out from underneath him. That gave you enough time to stand up and regain your balance, but by that point Four was on his feet again "You can do better than that Y/L/N" Four taunted and you smirked "Want a bet?" you asked, moving quickly and managing to kick him in the back of the knee which caused him to fall to the floor.

You went to walk away, but Four grabbed your ankle and made you fall to the floor also and the initiates started laughing – it was a rather comical sight to be fair.

"FOUR" you heard a familiar voice shout, that voice was all too familiar to you. It was your fiancé, Eric, let's just say he wasn't too fond of whenever you decided to fight, or train, or basically anything that got you involved with violence.

You glanced at Four who seemed to be slightly scared, Eric stormed over and pulled you up "You know she doesn't fight" Eric said pushing you behind him "She is one of the best fighters in Dauntless Eric. You need to let her out, do what she wants to do" Four defended you as you gripped the back of Eric's jacket.

"Eric" you said through gritted teeth "Let's go" you said grabbing his arm and practically dragging him out of the training room.

"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU" you shouted once you were in the hallway "YOU SHOULDN'T BE FIGHTING" he countered, shouting also "I AM NOT MADE OF FREAKING GLASS ERIC" you shouted, glaring at him before turning around and storming off.

Eric's protectiveness drove you crazy – sure, you loved him with all your heart but you wanted to at least do something at Dauntless and not just be known for being Eric Coulter's girl.

"Y/N WAIT" you heard Eric shout and then you heard his footsteps behind you. Before you managed to make a run for it, Eric grabbed your wrist "You are way too protective Eric – for once in your life, just trust me to do what I am good at" you pulled out of his grip as you spoke.

"I might love you but I do not, and I repeat, I do not like to be underestimated" you said, as annoyance dripped from every syllable.  

~*~

Written by Hannah.