Jamie Taylor- Bouquet (c)

The Haunting of Bly Manor One Shot

Before meeting Jamie, you had no interest in flowers. They weren't of any importance or interest to you but as you helped her out in the gardens and she talked to you about everything that she grew or wanted to grow, you learnt to find the beauty and marvel that came with that. Your understanding wasn't the clearest and a lot of what she told you did go through one ear and out the other as you focused more on the passion and love that came from her as she told you. That was probably the first inkling you had to that you didn't just love her as a friend, but you were in love with her fully. You didn't know how to tell her that, so you decided to use the one thing she had taught you to help you find your way.

You spent days trying to ask her questions without her getting suspicious of the questions before going to the library and taking out the biggest book on meanings of flowers that you could find. Even with the research, you weren't fully certain if you knew everything you needed but you couldn't hold in the need to let her know that you liked her more than just as friends. With a trip to the local florist, you headed to her flat on her day off to nervously tell her how you felt.

Jamie opened her front door and invited you in, a bit confused as to why you turned up unannounced with a large bouquet.

"I'm sorry for bugging you with so many questions over the last couple of weeks but I wanted to do something special for you and you were my first port of call for research. I tried to figure out what flowers would mean the right thing and I don't know if it does, but the bouquet looks cool so at least that's something," you smiled awkwardly. "Supposedly these ones mean friendship, those trust, and those ones are blossoming love."

She gave you a smile, pushing her curly brown hair from her face as she looked over the flowers in your hand.

"You're right," she said. "Do you know what those ones are meant to symbolise?"

Jamie pointed at one of the flowers. You took a second to try and remember to figure out what it was or if you had just randomly selected it to look decent with the other ones.

"That I like you a lot more than I should like a friend and I kind of would like to know if we could go out on a date?" You smiled, knowing it wasn't true but using it as an excuse to ask her out.

She chuckled. "Actually, it means stupid."

Your expression dropped, not realising it was an offhand insult to the woman you were trying to ask out.

"But I guess you didn't pick them for that," she said, taking the flowers from you. "And I prefer your meaning behind them instead."

"So does that mean you want to go on a date together?" You asked warmly.

Jamie nodded her head.

~*~

Written by Charlotte

Tumblr Request.