Owen Sharma- Birthday (c)

The Haunting of Bly Manor One Shot

As soon as you started to work in Bly Manor, you realised that you weren't going to have a birthday any longer, that you didn't need to celebrate it as it wasn't important. You had been there two years and you pretended you didn't even have a birthday, and no one asked, not until Owen started working there and you started dating. When your birthday rolled around again, you felt like it was going to be another year of the same.

The reason that you tried to hide your birthday was because it was Flora's birthday too and when you first came to work as her au pair, she had just lost her parents and you wanted to make her feel like a princess and not have to feel the pain for one day. You then couldn't turn it back, so for the third year, you made the whole day about her and made sure she couldn't wish for anything up until the time you put her to bed. You tucked in Miles before wishing Flora one last birthday wish and kissing her on the forehead to let them both fall into the slumber.

With them both asleep, you headed downstairs to the kitchen where you knew Owen was still working, tidying up from the miniature banquet that you arranged for Flora. You entered the kitchen to not see him cleaning as you expected, instead he was stood behind the kitchen island, a small cake in front of him with a candle in the centre.

"Happy Birthday," he smiled warmly.

"How did you know?" You questioned.

"Hannah told me. She knew that you wanted to let Flora have her day, but I couldn't not celebrate your birthday at some point."

Tears begun to creep into your eyes. You didn't want to tell Owen about your birthday as it was something that you had hidden for so long, but it still felt special to have him help give you some of the day back without ruining the work you had done for Flora.

"Come on, blow out the candle and make a wish."

You did as you were told. When you opened your eyes from blowing out the candle, you saw Owen holding out a small present.

"Open it."

Once again, you did as you were told, pulling off the paper to see what he had gotten you for your birthday. Inside the paper was a small simple frame with a photograph inside, picturing you and Owen together with Miles and Flora, out in the gardens of Bly Manor. You could no longer fight off the tears that fell upon your cheeks.

"I love it," you smiled, rushing around the island to pull him into a tight embrace. "I love you."

"I love you too."

He leaned down and pressed his lips to yours, sealing you perfect birthday.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.