Raven Reyes- Broken (c)

You were sat outside the drop ship with Jasper and Monty. Currently you had nothing to do, so it was just down time, for the three of you to catch up and talk. Although they were your best friends you would have preferred to spend time with your girlfriend Raven.

As the three of you talked you could hear loud exasperated screams coming from inside the drop ship. It was Raven. You weren't completely certain why but you did know she was working on fixing a radio.

Another cry of annoyance occurred but this time it happened with a loud bang as well. Your eyes widened.

"Maybe you should go talk to her," Monty offered.

You rolled your eyes at your friends, standing up and making your way into the drop ship.

There sat your girlfriend Raven with her head lying on the desk, one of her tools lying on the floor on the other side of the room, and the radio sat in the same condition it had been for a while in front of her.

Walking over to her, you leant down wrapping your arms around her, and pressing your lips softly to the exposed skin on her neck.

"Hey. Is everything okay?" You asked softly moving around as she sat up, so you were perched on her lap with your arms resting on her shoulders.

"I can't fix this damn radio. It's hopeless," She sighed leaning forward to rest her forehead on your shoulder.

"You can do it Raven. Would you like me to take a look at it?" You asked softly, gently raising her head with a finger under her chin.

She nodded lightly pressing her lips to yours.

Turning slightly you saw looked at the metallic box. You located the power button, pressing it twice, to turn it on and off. Nothing happened. Furrowing your eyebrows you did it again, but nothing happened again.

Looking back at Raven you shook your head softly.

"It looks like it's broken."

A sharp laugh escaped her lips.

"Really? I could have never have guessed," She frowned at you.

"What did you expect? I'm not a mechanic. All I see is a radio that won't turn on. I couldn't tell you the ins and outs of how it should work," You shrugged.

Her frown turned to a soft smile, as a hand laced into your hair, bringing your face closer to hers until your lips touched once again.

"Thank you for trying, even if it was futile," She stated.

"How about we take a walk, or just relax? Take your mind off of the problem at hand, and then you can come back to it later. It will do you no good just stewing on the problem," You smiled softly.

"You always distract me from my work?" She whined.

"Would you like me to leave?" You asked with a coy smile.

Instantly she shook her head, wrapping her arms around you and kissing you once again.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.