Minho- Way Out (h)

You hadn't seen your boyfriend all day. You knew that he was running in the maze that day but he was usually back by then. You weren't one to worry, because with a runner as your boyfriend you couldn't worry all that much.

You saw Ben talking to Newt; if Ben was back then Minho must be back. You ran over to the two of them, Newt smiled at you and you returned the smile "Have you seen Min?" you asked and Newt shook his head but Ben nodded "He went straight to the map room Y/N, I haven't seen him since" Ben told you and you smiled gratefully "Thanks guys" you spoke quickly before you ran off to the map room.

You reached the map room, and like usual the door was shut and that was usually a sign to tell the rest of the Gladers to not go in.

You decided against knocking and just opened the door. You weren't ready for the sight that met you – Minho was slumped down on the floor, leaning against the wall of the hut with his knees up to his chest.

You walked over to him and sat down on the floor. You lifted Minho's head up and your heart almost broke when you saw his tear stained cheeks "Hun, what's wrong?" you asked worriedly "I don't know what to do anymore Baby, I am lost – I don't have a clue" Minho's voice hitched when he spoke.

He wrapped his arm around your shoulder and you curled up into his side "What do you mean?" you asked as he sniffed "We aren't getting out of here, there is no way out" he said sighing "How do you know that nothing will change?" you asked trying to cheer him up, lift his spirits again "We have been here for 3 years Baby, the likelihood is not so large" Minho said, chuckling weakly at the end.

"We haven't had the new Greenie yet, you never know Min – things can change" you said leaning up to kiss his cheek "I just- Baby, things aren't so easy anymore. There's a lot of us here now, sure we manage but what happens within another year" he spoke quietly; you knew he didn't want anyone to hear your conversation.

You sighed and snuggled into Minho "I believe in you Min, I believe in Ben – I believe that we will find a way out, we won't spend all our lives here" you felt Minho kiss the top of your head once you finished talking.

Little did you know, the new Greenie would change everything.  

~*~

Written by Hannah.