Thomas Thorne- Jealous (c)

Ghosts One Shot

At first being a ghost seemed like a blessing, a somewhat second chance where you could continue on in your death, alongside with all the others who had also met their fates in the same property. Things only seemed better when you met Thomas, a ghost who had been there for near to a century when you had passed away. You were instantly infatuated with him, which in itself seemed like a pleasant thing, especially when you saw how romantically guided, he was, but sadly no matter what you felt, you knew he didn't seem to find anything for you in his heart.

As the years added up with you trapped in what was now called Button House, you welcomed new ghosts and the further knowledge that Thomas fell in love with any woman that walked through the door, any other than you. It hurt more than you could imagine to be trapped with no escape with the man you fell in love for, and he seemed to have a fleeting fancy for anyone other than yourself. With the last owner of the home being an elderly woman, you didn't have to face the pain until she passed, and a young couple moved in.

You had no actual reason to dislike Alison but knowing that Thomas loved her when he never gave you a second glance, did make you feel negatively towards her.

Both Thomas and you were sat in the main living area waiting for food club in an hour, him sat by the window and you on the sofa, whilst Julian and Robin played chess and Pat sat beside you. Other than the regular comments of the chess game, the room had fallen into a pleasant silence, something that was rare due to the current building works of the house.

"What is a rhyme for breathless?" Thomas said looking out to the driveway of Button House.

"Worthless," you muttered. "Heartless."

Pat gave you a warning look. He knew well enough that you liked Thomas and was sympathetic of it but knew better than to let you continue to stir the pot.

"You can't even get breathless, Thomas, you're a ghost," you snapped.

He didn't notice the bitterness of your words far too busy thinking of poetry for his new love.

"Somehow she can still take my non-existent breath," he sighed, a goofily love-filled grin.

You gritted your teeth as seen as you were stuck with him for eternity, it was for the best that you bit your tongue but you quickly stood up and exited the room, knowing that if you heard anything more you would find a way to murder a ghost.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.