Colin Bridgerton- Adventure: Part 4 (c)

Bridgerton One Shot

The two of you spent time continuing to walk around the gardens as you made plans for your wedding. You both expected that it was going to be a long time of planning and forming an extravagant wedding as you knew many people had at your status in society but that wasn't what either of you wanted. Within an hour of talking, you had both come to agree on a plan and although it would make you both very happy, you knew it wasn't going to go down well with his family but either way, you were going to have to tell them.

Hand in hand, you headed to his home where he called out for his mother and siblings for an important matter. It took a couple of moments for everyone to come together in the drawing room but once they were all there, you could see the questions crossing each of their faces.

"What's going on?" Benedict asked, gesturing to the interlaced fingers of the two of you.

"Colin proposed," you stated holding up your left hand to show the ring on your finger. "And I said yes."

You could see confusion on everyone's faces.

"Aren't you engaged to Marina Thompson?" Gregory asked.

"Don't be daft," Hyacinth stated, slapping her older brother. "They separated over a week ago."

Silence fell again before Violet stood up with a forced smile on her face.

"That is lovely news my dears," she said. "There will be much to plan."

"Actually mother, we have already planned everything," Colin stated.

"Really?"

He nodded his head. "We have actually arranged everything that is needed."

Anthony looked far from impressed. Although you were a woman of status, the fact that Colin had only just ended an engagement with Marina due to her pregnancy, a fast marriage between the two of you would look far from well.

"And when is this to occur brother?"

"Tomorrow."

Everything fell silent again until Eloise's laughter erupted getting a glare from her eldest brother and her mother.

"Did you just say tomorrow?" Daphne asked.

You nodded your head to confirm it.

"We wish to marry right away, and we already paid for passage to France for the day after tomorrow."

"France?" Several of the Bridgerton's exclaimed.

"We have always spoke of travelling and thought it wouldn't be possible due to who we would marry but together we can travel across the continent and beyond."

"Colin!" Violet stated firmly.

That was only the start of the onslaught of questions and disagreements that came from his family but the two of you stuck to your guns and were wed in the morning even if his family disapproved and were packed up into a carriage within the hour of the humble ceremony to head towards the docks where you were to stay the night before heading off for the biggest adventure.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.