John Mitchell- Undead Not Living (c)

You awoke with a start. Everywhere hurt, you ached and it felt as if your body was being ripped apart. Your breathing was ragged and as soon as the painful noises escaped Mitchell was at your side.

This was happening too often recently. Since you had become a vampire, the blood lust was intensifying, you couldn't spend one moment without thinking about your desire for blood. And if you didn't drunk blood you hurt everywhere, you were emotionally unsettled and mentally unstable.

Mitchell knew the strain it would put you under, becoming a vampire, but you thought it'd be some sort of blessing, being able to have a second chance- it wasn't.

Yes, becoming a vampire meant you could be alive, well undead for an eternity, but it wasn't worth it for the strain it had put you under.

"Y/N, are you okay?" he asked.

"It hurts again. How have you lived like this for so long? It hurts. I know drinking from humans is wrong, and I don't want to hurt anyone, but how can you fight it?" you whispered as your body basically shuddered with blood lust.

He sat down next to you on the bed and rubbed your shoulders softly.

"It's hard my love, but it gets easier. It will always be at the forefront of your mind, but you can control it with practice. You are a fighter and I know you can do it," he smiled, "At least you're living...right? I thought I was going to lose you."

"I may be undead but that doesn't mean I'm living," you whispered, "I love you Mitchell, and it makes it a bit easier knowing I get to spend eternity by your side, but it is too much to handle. I will never live another day if I am always in such pain, I will just be undead for eternity.

He leaned in and kissed your cheek as his arms wrapped around your quaking body.

"I love you Y/N. We can get through this. The only reason I ever got through the blood lust was because I had someone that cared and supported me. You have me Y/N, I will do everything in my power to get you to have at least one day where you feel alive. You kept my humanity, and I am going to give it my best shot to help you keep your humanity. I love you so much," he said barely in a whisper, in between every few words his pressed his lips to part of your exposed skin on your face, neck and shoulders.

You smiled weakly at him.

"What did I do to deserve you?" you smiled, "I love you Mitchell, you are too good to me."

He chuckled pressing his lips firmly to yours.

"You saved me, now I am going to save you."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.