Sherlock Holmes - Boyfriend Of The Year (h)

Annoyed was an understatement; sure a day or two that could've been forgiven, but a week? A flipping week?

Joan had remembered, and wished you a happy birthday as well as giving you a present. However, your boyfriend of a number of years had completely forgotten. It wasn't even like it was your first birthday with him as your boyfriend, he had remembered before.

Sherlock had been working on the same case for the past two weeks or so, which meant that the case was the reason he forgot. No one had told him that he had forgotten, it seemed to make more sense to let him figure it out on his own – he was a smart guy, he could at least figure that out.

Rather suddenly, the door to the bedroom that you and Sherlock shared was flung open. Sherlock got up relatively in the morning anyway, or he didn't come to bed at all, so it wasn't surprising for you to be the only one still in bed.

Sherlock was stood at the side of your bed, with a massive smile on his face "Happy birthday, My Love!" Sherlock yelled with a rather large smile on his face.

You glared at him, and turned over in bed "My birthday was last week, you ass" you groaned as you buried your head in the pillow.

You heard the door close, and Sherlock's footsteps hurrying downstairs.

—– Sherlock's P.O.V —–
"JOAN" I yelled as I ran down the stairs to the kitchen.

Joan sighed and turned to me, away from her laptop and the kitchen table, "What Sherlock?" she asked me in a clearly bored tone.

"I forgot Y/N's birthday" I stated and Joan sighed again.

Joan got up from her seat and started to push me towards the door "Yes, yes you did" she calmly told me "Of course, the boyfriend of the year award goes to the one and only Sherlock Holmes" she unenthusiastically exclaimed.

Joan opened the door, and shoved me out "What am I supposed to do?" I asked as I threw my arms up in the air.

"Go and get your bloody girlfriend a gift Holmes" Joan said with an annoyed look on her face "You have some making up to do"

~*~

Written by Hannah.