Benedict Bridgerton- Kiss (c)

Bridgerton One Shot

You had known Benedict for several years and although you had flirted in private often and got along very well it wasn't until a couple of weeks ago that he had asked to officially court you. Even though you had flirted for years, you couldn't help but be flustered now whenever you were around him even if there wasn't the shame of flirtation outside of a courtship. The two of you tried to keep your courtship proper, having an escort there for any interaction but you were both desperate for even a moment alone. At one of the many balls of the season, Benedict took your hand and led you through the crowd until you were out of sight from your brother who was escorting you there and able to sneak off into a secluded room where you both doubted anyone else would wander to.

He closed the door behind you both, a cheeky grin on his face as he looked you over.

"You look ravishing tonight," he said.

Your cheeks became red as you tried to avoid his hungry gaze. Although you had heard things far more explicit and complimentary from him before, the fact that you were actually courting now seemed to make you even more bashful from his words.

"T-thank you," you whispered. "You look very handsome."

"It's been hard to keep my hands to myself," he grinned. "We may need to move things ahead quickly, so I no longer have to keep my hands off of you."

Your eyes widened. Marriage had been discussed, and although no concrete plans had been put in place you had discussed a time frame for your courtship and engagement. You were also well aware of his past with other women, and you knew that both of you wished to take things further but if a marriage of any kind was to come between the two of you, you had to deny your desires.

"I'm sure I shall only disappoint you," you said, your insecurities bubbling up. "I have never even kissed a man."

Benedict moved to rest a hand on your waist, making you look him in the eyes once again. The lust and hunger had died down, all you could see was love and trust, allowing you to relax under his touch.

"I look forward to one day teaching you," he stated. "And although I know it isn't as we discussed but I must ask if you'd allow me to kiss you."

You had expected to wait until your wedding day, whether you wanted to or not. Part of you knew it was wrong to do but the part of you desperate for his touch took over and you nodded your head. He didn't need to be told a second time before his lips captured yours in a love filled kiss.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.