Benedict Bridgerton- Nursery (c)

Bridgerton One Shot

You had fallen in love with Benedict within moments of meeting him and you felt beyond blessed to have him requite your feelings. Soon enough the two of you were married and it didn't take much longer before you were pregnant with your first child. The two of you were excited to become parents and all you could do to fill the time before they were born, was plan their nursery and make sure your home was prepared for the newest member of the Bridgerton family.

"My mother is having the basinet made by the gentlemen that made mine when I was an infant, but she has said that it will be a light wood so that we can find matching furnishings for it as we will need the rest of the furniture of the nursery. I was thinking a green for the curtains and soft furnishings to make it gender neutral until we know if the baby is here, and we know if it is a boy, or a girl and it will be natural and soothing for the baby."

You looked over to your husband who was watching you intently but didn't say anything in response to what you had said to him. You cocked an eyebrow at him, not knowing why he hadn't said anything. A moment of waiting passed before you needed to make sure he had been listening to you and knew what you had just been stating.

"Benedict?" You called.

He gave you a gentle smile. "Can you say that again?"

You furrowed your brow at him. "Were you not listening?

He shook his head at you, reaching out to take your hand within his, gently squeezing it to reassure you.

"No, I was, I just like hearing your voice."

You continued to frown not knowing if he was telling you the truth, but he let out a gentle laugh before continuing to speak.

"Your mother has gotten us a light wood basinet and you wish for the furnishings to be green," he stated. "I was lost to your voice, my apologies."

"So, what do you think?" You asked.

"You can have anything you want, my dear," he grinned. "I wish for you and our child to be the happiest you can and as you are carrying our child, I believe that gives you a stronger sway in what you wish for the nursery."

You thanked him for his kindness and pressed a gentle kiss to his cheek before continuing to discuss the plans for your child.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.