Jasper Jordan- Beauty (c)

You had been on the ground for a few weeks, and after a run in with the grounders you had spent a few nights in the drop skip. It wasn't as though you remember most of it. You just remembered searing pain before everything went black and waking up yesterday to see the concerned faces of Clarke, Jasper and Monty.

Against Clarke's better judgement, you had convinced her to let you leave and go back to your tent today, rather than staying under her observation. By no means did you feel better, everything hurt, and the amount of superficial injuries you also sustained meant your skin was sore to the touch. However, even though you were in pain, you didn't like her waiting on you hand a foot, it made you feel weak and pointless.

Seen as they had removed your tattered and torn clothes, Clarke had given you her vest, and from what you had been told they had mended your trousers with scraps of fabric from your t-shirt and some other people's clothing. It wasn't as though there was spare clothing to go around.

You carefully pulled on the new clothing over the makeshift bandages that Clarke had applied to your injuries.

No matter how hard you tried, in your now wrecked clothing and blood sodden hair, you looked like hell and you felt like it too.

The small hatch opened revealing the brunette boy you had been dating since just before you were both locked up.

"Y/N, are you okay?" Jasper asked.

"I've been better. But I can't complain," you smiled softly, "so... how do I look?"

"Awful," he said abruptly stepping off of the ladder.

Your jaw dropped, as you picked up the nearest object to you throwing it at Jasper's head, hitting his forehead.

"Oh fuck you, asshole," you frowned, cross your arms over your chest, instantly unfolding them due to the pain that shot through your arms and chest.

Jasper let out a laugh, moving across the room to pull you into a soft embrace trying not to hurt you. Nevertheless you were in pain, but you knew he didn't mean to hurt you, so you did your best not to show the hurt as it was clear he would blame himself.

"Kidding...I am kidding... You look absolutely gorgeous," he grinned, leaning down to peck your lips.

Instantly your cheeks become aflame, compliments were few to come by, and no matter how long you were with Jasper, it was still a shock whenever he said something like that to you.

"You really think so?" You smiled softly, still doing your best to hide the pain surging through your body.

"Of course I do. Even after you've been through hell and back you are still the most beautiful girl to me," he whispered, pushing your hair away from your face and over your shoulder, so he could place a light kiss onto your cheek.

"You are too nice to me Jasper. I love you, you know that right?" You stated with a smile, moving a hand to caress his cheek.

He let out a soft chuckle.

"Well, I could never accept treating you any less. And I love you too."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.