Leonard Hofstadter - Wife (h)

You pushed open the door to the apartment building; you had never been here before despite Leonard living here for around 8 years now. He had showed you the place through video chat a lot of times but this was your first time actually seeing it in person.

You sighed when you realised you had to walk up 4 flights of stairs to get up to apartment 4A. You were definitely not in the mood to climb 4 flights of stairs but the elevator was broken so you didn't have much of a choice.

You twirled your engagement ring around your marriage finger as a way of trying to calm your nerves. Your engagement ring was lovely but it was always slightly bigger than your wedding ring so it was easier to mess around with.

Eventually you reached the apartment door. You wanted to tell yourself that you weren't nervous and that you could do this with confidence however after not seeing Leonard in person for just over 3 years meant you weren't as content as usual.

You knocked on the door and within a couple of minutes it was opened by a man with brown hair and he was wearing a black turtleneck underneath a red button-up shirt "Uhhh. Hello?" he asked sounding unsure which was understandable as he had never met you before.

"Hi, I am looking for Leonard Hofstadter" you said and he turned around "Leonard" he said into the apartment. Leonard came to the front door and his face broke out into a full on grin when he saw you.

He almost immediately pulled you into a bear hug which made you drop your bags "Why didn't you call me? I could've picked you up" he said grabbing your suitcase and shoulder bag before he led you into the apartment "There's this thing called a surprise" you said sarcastically with a smirk on your face.

"Who is this?" a girl with long, straight brown hair and glasses asked "Oh, I'm Y/N Hofstadter" you said introducing yourself with a smile on your face.

Everyone, apart from Leonard's roommate Sheldon, looked at Leonard confused "Why does she have your last name?" another girl asked, she had curly blonde hair and glasses too "She's my wife of 4 years" Leonard said wrapping his arm around you waist.

You smiled at Leonard before looking at all of his friends "Oh Y/N" Leonard said gaining your attention "That's Raj, Howard, Bernadette, Amy, you know Sheldon and then Penny" he said pointing at everyone from left to right.

"You have a wife?" Raj asked and Leonard nodded "Uh yeah" he said pulling out his wedding ring from his pocked "I don't wear it when you're all here but Sheldon knew" Leonard said putting it on "Why didn't you tell us?" Penny asked, she sounded hurt.

"Well, for the past 3 years Y/N has been in England so I knew if I told you she wouldn't be able to meet you as soon as possible. We have been together for a total of 5 years now" Leonard sounded proud as he spoke.

"It is so nice to finally meet all of you. I know that Leonard is grateful to have such amazing friends like you guys and I am sorry I couldn't meet you all sooner" you apologised.

Sheldon got up from his 'spot' and came over to hug you "It's nice to see you again Y/N" he said making you smile "You too Sheldon" you said leaning into Leonard afterwards.

"Sheldon hugs her?" Amy asked in disbelief.

~*~

Written by Hannah.