Nathan Young- Dinner (c)

Misfits One Shot

You couldn't say that you were the biggest fan of Nathan a lot of the time, but you didn't wish ill upon him, actually you had a bit of a soft spot for him. He was a bit of a knob, but he didn't deserve to be squatting at the community centre, at least not for an extended period. When you had found out that he was staying there, you offered him a place for him to stay, but he had declined, likely out of pride rather than necessity. He may not be willing to accept that much help, but he would have to accept some form of help from you as you weren't willing to take no for an answer.

Going to your favourite takeaway on the way, you headed to the community centre, going to the door closest to where you knew he would be camped out. You pounded a fist against the glass of the door and called out his name, loud enough for him to hear but not loud enough for any neighbouring buildings to notice. You saw him peak around one of the support beams, a confused expression quickly becoming a grin. He came over to unlock the door for you.

"What are you doing here?"

"Well, you wouldn't come to stay at mine, and I can't imagine crisps from the vending machine is very filling, so I thought I'd bring you dinner," you said, gesturing to the carrier bag.

He cocked an eyebrow at you. "Thanks."

You let him lead you up to where he had set up his home before you shared out the food you had bought, having bought more than either of you could eat but you wanted to cover all of your bases due to not knowing what he liked.

"I don't need your pity, Y/N," he huffed, taking his first bite of the food he had claimed.

You rolled your eyes at him. "Nathan, you may be a complete arsehole most of the time, but we're friends, I can't on good conscious not try and help where I can."

Nathan paused, looking over your expression, before grinning at you, in a way you had seen far too often.

"You like me," he stated, full of himself.

You scoffed. "You're a dick."

Playfully, he nudged your shoulder with his, before offering you his genuine gratitude for you help, something you knew would be short lived until he became his same goofy, annoying self.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.